Chris Neil Not Happy With Hit From Brooks Orpik

from Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun,

"I was going down. I was in vulnerable position. He gave me an extra shove which made me pick up speed going into the boards," said Neil.

"That's the way he plays, he plays a physical game. I wouldn't expect anything less."...

"Playoff hockey your intensity is high out there. You finish checks," said Neil. "Put it this way, I wouldn't have done that to him to put him in that situation. I'm lucky I'm no worse for wear and I'll keep going."

Told of Neil's remarks, Orpik fired back and thought that was pretty rich coming from Neil.

"My response is (that's) very laughable coming from him. I thought it was a pretty harmless play," said Orpik. "I didn't even know he didn't return. He's done his fair share of things to me and everybody else in here.

"We all know how he plays, and he's a guy who plays hard and he's a competitive guy. Everybody knows how he plays. He's out there to agitate and I don't have much to say about it. He gets away with a lot, let's put it that way."

Filed in: NHL Teams, Ottawa Senators, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brooks+orpik, chris+neil

Comments

Neil is a punk!

Posted by WingsBlow on 05/22/13 at 08:48 AM ET

Orpik would never EVER hurt a player who put themselves in a prone position. Erik Cole told me as much!

Posted by Chris M on 05/22/13 at 09:14 AM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

Yeah, somehow this would only have a happy ending for me if they were both unable to play through injury/suspension/karma.

Posted by Savage Henry on 05/22/13 at 10:34 AM ET

Evilpens's avatar

1st Game that piece of Human Debris punched Sid in the jaw. Actually wish he had gotten hurt BAD!

Posted by Evilpens on 05/22/13 at 10:36 AM ET

Wings_in_NYC's avatar

Both of them are bums. Nothing like a good bum fight.

Posted by Wings_in_NYC on 05/22/13 at 10:46 AM ET

Shut up, Neil.  STFU and play hockey.  Now you’re starting to sound the Cawks.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 05/22/13 at 01:03 PM ET

Funny thing is Neil did hit Orpik while he was in the process of losing an edge in game 2.

Posted by larry on 05/22/13 at 02:46 PM ET

Hippy Dave's avatar

I could give a flying frack about what Chris Neil is happy or unhappy about.

Posted by Hippy Dave from Portland by way of Detroit on 05/22/13 at 10:55 PM ET