Carcillo Suspended Indefinitely Pending Hearing

from NHL.com,

Chicago Blackhawks forward Dan Carcillo has been suspended indefinitely pending a hearing with the Department of Player Safety regarding his hit on Edmonton’s Tom Gilbert Monday night.

The incident in question occurred during the second period when Carcillo and Gilbert were chasing a puck into the Oilers’ zone and Carcillo checked Gilbert into the boards. Gilbert was injured on the play and is expected to miss Tuesday night’s game against Buffalo with a lower-body injury. Carcillo also appeared to be hurt on the play.

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: daniel+carcillo

Comments

Boo-frickity-hoo.  Guy’s never gonna learn so he’s never gonna change.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 01/03/12 at 05:16 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I can’t keep all these idiot rulebreakers straight.  Was it Carcillo who said he wouldn’t change the way he plays after his last run-in?

If so, I hope that comment gets used in the video as part of what went into the ultimate decision to suspend him.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/03/12 at 05:25 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

There is no place in the Game for guys like Carcilio. He adds no value to any Team.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/03/12 at 05:46 PM ET

@JJ

Pretty sure it was Carcillo, but I think Torres may have made a similar comment last year. I feel like they all make that same comment at some point…

Also, nice to see you talking to “The Committed Indian” JJ, they are always good for a candid opinion on the Hawks and some laughs. Hopefully they didn’t give you too much crap…or hopefully they did

Posted by pstumba on 01/03/12 at 06:29 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Posted by pstumba on 01/03/12 at 04:29 PM ET

Thanks, that was a lot of fun to do. The crap given was more than adequate.  I’ll definitely be picking up a copy of that rag when I’m at the Wings/Hawks game this coming Sunday.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/03/12 at 06:36 PM ET

DocF's avatar

Carcillo should be suspended for a very long time.  He has the history and the intent to injure is a regular part of his game (if one can call what he does a game).  I would like to see the suspension run until 2013.

Doc

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 01/03/12 at 07:02 PM ET

BettmenSucks79's avatar

Matt Cooke Junior.

Posted by BettmenSucks79 on 01/03/12 at 08:55 PM ET

bobinnocal's avatar

Matt Cooke Junior

I always felt Matt Cooke was Carcillo Jr. also.  But, (I may be wrong), it appears this year Matt Cooke has changed.  If you do a search for his PIM it has gone way down and nothing controversial, at least what I’ve seen.  He’s still a frigging pest, but I think he may have seen the light.  At least as much as what is visible for him.

Posted by bobinnocal on 01/03/12 at 10:37 PM ET

I’m a huge wings fan so my opinion might seem strange. I saw the hit and I didn’t see anything wrong with it!!! he hit Tom Gilbert in his side. Gilbert said he new he was going to be hit and braced for it. This wasn’t the classic boarding where you hit a guy from behind and he doesn’t see it coming.

Posted by Jason on 01/04/12 at 04:46 PM ET