Canucks Win But Luongo Pulled

via Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun,

Roberto Luongo stopped just 11 of 15 shots against Anaheim before getting the hook Tuesday night. Three of the shots that beat him went 5-hole. He made no excuses when meeting with reporters later. “You don’t want pucks going through you in any circumstance,” nhe said. “Even though there were breakdowns on the plays, I have to come up with the save. I’m disappointed in myself here. I didn’t play up to my expectations. I don’t have a reason for it.” Asked about the crowd reaction when Schneider came in, Luongo said: “It is what it is. I do my job. I play with a lot of heart, I’m as disappointed as everybody else.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: roberto+luongo

Comments

mrfluffy's avatar

Subtlety throwing your d-men under the bus, eh Bobby?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/04/12 at 11:46 AM ET

Lu-long-overrated got pulled?  Is it the playoffs allready ?  Just wait till he and Thelma and Louise meet Chicago this year to get their annual beatdown.  My money says he gets pulled at least twice in that series, just like last year, and the year before, and the year before and….

Posted by sean_o_sean on 04/04/12 at 12:14 PM ET

I’d suggest that people should watch a bit of the game before commenting. This was clearly a situation of the coach pulling the goalie to wake his defence up.

3 of the 4 goals occurred when Ducks were allowed to be completely free in front of the net. That team has too much top-end talent to give their starts those kinds of opportunities.

Posted by Mike from Toronto on 04/04/12 at 01:23 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

people should watch a bit of the game before commenting

Sean is not mentally competent enough to actually view games.  That’s why the Chicago press can convince him that Daniel Sedin is a headhunting maniac.  Just like Hudler.

Remember when your team won last year you retarded fvckhead?

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 04/04/12 at 01:35 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from home of the 1925 Stanley Cup Champs on 04/04/12 at 12:35 PM ET

Hudler isn’t a head hunter (besides, he’s too short), he just likes to wack things with…‘sticks’. Hookers, wrists, whichever.  smile

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 04/04/12 at 01:47 PM ET

IYa know, i’ve never liked the wings, but have always respected them as a top class organisation.  Too bad the same thing can’t be said for most of their fans.

Posted by sean_o_sean on 04/05/12 at 04:45 AM ET