Can We Talk 2012 Odds Yet?

Supplied by Bodog...

Minnesota Wild 70/1
New York Islanders 70/1
Winnipeg 80/1
Columbus Blue Jackets 90/1
Florida Panthers 125/1

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Steve Strowbridge's avatar

I won’t even claim to understand how they come up with these numbers.

Posted by Steve Strowbridge from St. John's, NL, CA on 06/16/11 at 05:58 PM ET

awould's avatar

I would say Detroit has a better chance of winning than Tampa, LA has a better shot than Chicago, and nobody should even hazard a guess about the Pens because their stars are still huge question marks. Other than that, the top 10 teams or so look about right. Detroit could jump up quite a bit depending on how their D looks w/ Lidstrom (?) and whoever they sign to replace Rafalski.

Posted by awould on 06/16/11 at 06:03 PM ET

I’m glad I get to cash in my ticket at +340 for Boston to win the Cup that I bought after their game 1 loss.  I knew these oddsmakers were crazy.

Posted by Devils In The Details on 06/16/11 at 06:25 PM ET

Steve Strowbridge's avatar

What does +340 mean? For every $100 you bet, you win $340?

Posted by Steve Strowbridge from St. John's, NL, CA on 06/16/11 at 06:39 PM ET

Strowbridge, if I haven’t already, a hearty “Congratulations!” to you and the Bruins on the Cup win.  Well deserved…esp. for Thomas.  I’ve read his story and winning the Cup could not have happened to a nicer guy.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 06/16/11 at 07:08 PM ET

Steve Strowbridge's avatar

Agreed, Thomas is everything you want in a champion! Admittedly, my role in the victory was minimal. smile

Posted by Steve Strowbridge from St. John's, NL, CA on 06/16/11 at 07:23 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

see people are still drinking the Crapitals Kool-Aid

Posted by Evilpens on 06/17/11 at 10:46 AM ET

The Sens have better young guns and bet defense than the Leafs so they have a way better chance than the Leafs.

Posted by Hello on 06/17/11 at 08:23 PM ET