Burke Now Quoting Shakespeare

from Ron MacLean of CBC,

I was hoping to have Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke join me to answer question we’ve been raising on the show, but he declined.

I asked if I could give the exact quote he gave me for his decision to opt out. He said no. After giving him my views on the importance of the dialogue, Brian said “Explain it, then. I have no obligation here. Write and say whatever you want.” That would be fine, except that saying and writing what we want is the reason Brian’s not coming on the show.

He made it clear he did not like what has been said on our show. I explained a few bits about the balance we’ve brought, and explained the value of his appearance to our show and his fans.

Brian quipped, “Methinks, the lady doth protest too much”. Got me there. Funny it was on his mind in the hours after his vote of confidence for Ron Wilson.

more from Ron on today’s HNIC…

Filed in: NHL Teams, Toronto Maple Leafs, NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, CBC HNIC, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brian+burke, ron+maclean

Comments

Burke is now misquoting Shakespeare.  The line is actually “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”  Cudgel thy brains, Brian. smile

Posted by BobTheZee on 12/04/10 at 04:22 PM ET

I guess this is the winter of his discontent…....

Posted by mc keeper on 12/04/10 at 04:46 PM ET

To fire or not to fire (Wilson), that is the question,
Whether tis nobler in this dubious mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of the outrageous Meida
Or to take arms against a sea of Scribes
And by opposing, end them (you wish) .. to bluster, to bark
No more, and by a dismisal say we end
The heartache and the ten thousand boos
That Leaf management is heir to; tis a regurgitation
Devoutly to be wished; to bluster to bark
To wish you had more draft picks to trade, ay there’s the rub

Posted by MattinSurrey on 12/04/10 at 05:09 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

He made it clear he did not like what has been said on our show.

And the loyal fans of Toronto will continue to suffer thanks to the Burke and Wilson Show.

Always liked Ron. The perfect foil for Grapes.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!