Buffalo/Vancouver Trade

Per Bob McKenzie on TSN Trade Centre, Vancouver trades Cody Hodgson to Buffalo for Zack Kassian.

added 3:46pm, more to the trade, Canucks get Marc-Andre Gragnani, Sabres receive Alexander Sulzer

Filed in: NHL Teams, Buffalo Sabres, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: cody+hodgson, zack+kassian

Comments

Now THAT’s a trade!

Posted by ProjectMayhem on 02/27/12 at 06:39 PM ET

wow.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 02/27/12 at 06:41 PM ET

Kassian is a beast. Curious to see if he gets in the line-up for this run coming up.

Posted by Chris M. from Ottawa on 02/27/12 at 06:43 PM ET

Gragnani & Sulzer are also included in the deal.

Posted by ProjectMayhem on 02/27/12 at 06:45 PM ET

shazam88's avatar

Geez, I’m really surprised at this.  I understand the logic behind the trade but wow, Hodgson was really starting to come on strong. Interesting times.

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 02/27/12 at 06:58 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

man, cant believe we traded hodgson.  I just don’t know what to say about this.

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/27/12 at 07:00 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

friggin brutal, Man I’m still pretty choked, Hodgson was picking up his game big time, and was really starting to contribute, I just think he’s worth more then this.  But to be fair, I don’t know that much about Kassian

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/27/12 at 07:06 PM ET

I wonder how many GMs thought that Hodgson was a player that could be moved today. The guy’s a real solid player.

Posted by Jesters Dead on 02/27/12 at 07:23 PM ET

i never heard his name once at all.  I dont understand the trade.  How is it a good idea to screw with an entire line that is producing.  depth is needed more than anything in the playoffs.  This is a move that would be expected if vancouver was desperate to make the playoffs but, not sitting in the position they are in.  its weird.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 02/27/12 at 07:58 PM ET

But to be fair, I don’t know that much about Kassian

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/27/12 at 04:06 PM ET

He’s a prospect who is somewhere on the tough-guy-that-can-play continuum between Brad Winchester and Milan Lucic. Where he is on that continuum is anybody’s guess. Vancouver may have traded for Kevin Stevens. They also may have just made the Alec Stojanov trade in reverse.

Personally, I have no idea if this will pan out. This is either going to be a big-time long-term acquisition or backfire completely. Time will tell.

Posted by larry from pitt on 02/27/12 at 08:19 PM ET

Vancouver made a deal where they are relying on basically a teenager to provide team toughness. This is what I don’t quite understand.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 02/28/12 at 01:18 PM ET