Bruins Have No Plans To Trade Brad Marchand

via DJ Bean of WEEI,

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli told WEEI.com Friday morning that he has no plans to trade forward Brad Marchand. He also refuted a rumor from Thursday that the team was discussing a trade of the pesky forward for Sharks veteran Patrick Marleau.

“€œI have had no discussions for Marchand and I have no plans to trade him,” Chiarelli said. “I don’€™t make it a practice to respond to reports in the social media but occasionally it is necessary.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brad+marchand

Comments

Primis's avatar

Seemed fishy when I first heard it.  It sounded like the kind of trade a SJ fan would want and come up with.

Posted by Primis on 06/13/14 at 10:55 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Yep Primas, over the years I have been able to sniff out those fishy rumors and avoid posting them.

Seems these days there are more of those than actual trade talk.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/13/14 at 10:57 AM ET

awould's avatar

I bet Peter Chiarelli was relieved when he realized he didn’t have to make the trade just because of rumors.

I always wonder why these completely baseless rumors get started. Is it a fan’s wishful thinking? A “journalist” needing a story? A GM trying to plant a seed or gauge public reaction? Mostly though, does anyone ever think it will actually lead to anything at all?

Posted by awould on 06/13/14 at 11:59 AM ET

Fugazi's avatar

Posted by Primis on 06/13/14 at 10:55 AM ET

Not this San Jose fan. The silly season hits San Jose with a huge fail

Posted by Fugazi from Bay Area, Left Coast on 06/13/14 at 11:59 AM ET

Mistercristo's avatar

Based on what came out of Chiarelli’s mouth yesterday, I expect the trade to be announced any minute now.

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 06/13/14 at 01:11 PM ET