Bruce Boudreau Plans To Turn The Minnesota Wild Into “A Really Good Team”

from Michael Russo of the Star Tribune,

Boudreau felt comfortable with Minnesota. He loves the fact it’s a hockey hotbed and knows the area a little bit from when he started his professional playing career with the old World Hockey Association’s Minnesota Fighting Saints in 1975.

“I just thought it would be a place that we could win. I know the team is good already,” Boudreau said.

Most of Boudreau’s talks with Fletcher revolved around the two getting to know each other. They talked mostly philosophy, playing style and if their visions align.

Boudreau asked very little about the team.

“My biggest question was, ‘Is Zach going to be OK?’ ” Boudreau said, referring to Zach Parise’s season-ending back injury that’s currently being rehabbed without surgery. “When that came back affirmative, I was thrilled because I’ve admired him for 10 years now as a player.

“But I know they’ve got good individuals there. Their top, top players are really good, and now it’s a matter of being a really good team.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Minnesota Wild, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: bruce+boudreau

Comments

Honestly, with all the seasons’ ups and downs and weird coaching decisions Blash was in doing, I really just wanted Boudreau.. It makes me kind of sad he’s already going to a good team in MIN. I mean, I want to give Blash another year but at the same time I felt like we just lost out on a chance to improve our team.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 05/09/16 at 09:40 AM ET

I felt like we just lost out on a chance to improve our team.

Probably best to get used to that feeling.

Posted by Garth on 05/09/16 at 10:15 AM ET

Look Garth, we’re looking for two new assistants… Spoke to soon? Or maybe… I should get used to that feeling lol. This teams going to be a circus show for the next little while. On to Llittle CEASARS ARENA!!

Posted by Pasha1277 on 05/09/16 at 10:33 AM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Bruce Boudreau Plans To Turn The Minnesota Wild Into “A Really Good Team”

....through 82 regular season games and 6 playoff games

Posted by Hootinani from the parade following Babs out of town on 05/09/16 at 10:37 AM ET

@hootinani

lmfao

Posted by Pasha1277 on 05/09/16 at 10:41 AM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

...referring to Zach Parise’s season-ending back injury that’s currently being rehabbed without surgery.

Why players with a badly buldging (or ruptured) disc choose “rehab” over surgery these days just boggles my mind. With the advances in minimally invasive surgery for these conditions, people are often hobbling into an outpatient center in the morning and walking out pain-free in the afternoon.

Z wasted at least two years of his career trying the “rehab” route before he finally had the surgery that gave him his first 82-game season in nearly four years.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/09/16 at 11:32 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 05/09/16 at 11:32 AM ET

As someone with recurring back problems, I don’t get it either.  If I had the option to just surgically fix things (the money, time, etc) with my back, I’d just do it.  Alas, I don’t.

So how someone even more dependent on their health, who has the time and resources…. to not just do it, makes no sense.

Posted by Primis on 05/09/16 at 12:46 PM ET