Brent Seabrook On Being A Healthy Scratch Tonight

via Mark Lazerus tweets,

Brent Seabrook: "I want to get back to being more consistent. I think I’ve had good stretches and bad stretches."

Brent Seabrook: "It’s tough. I've just got to stay focused, and when I get a chance to be back in the lineup, I’ve go tot be ready to go."

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brent+seabrook

Comments

ilovehomers's avatar

Cut Franson, sit Seabrook? What the heck is going on out there?

Posted by ilovehomers on 01/09/18 at 02:00 PM ET

I was thinking the same thing….Seabrook also wears the A.

Are the Hawks going to play Toews on D?

Posted by howeandhowe from Seattle on 01/09/18 at 02:13 PM ET

Paul's avatar

from Mark Lazerus of the Chicago Sun-Times,

As morning skates wind down, Joel Quenneville quickly skates around the rink and informs that night’s healthy scratches that they won’t be in the lineup. It’s something he’s done thousands of times in his coaching career.

Tuesday morning was a little different.

“He just told me I wasn’t playing,” Brent Seabrook said.

It’s one thing to scratch Tomas Jurco. It’s quite another to scratch the heart and soul of three Stanley Cup championship squads, a man who is fifth all-time in games played for the Blackhawks. But the simple fact is Quenneville believed that Jordan Oesterle, Connor Murphy, Michal Kempny, Gustav Forsling and Jan Rutta (who carry a combined cap hit of $7.195 million) have played better than Seabrook (who has a cap hit of $6.875 million, with six more years left on that contract).

continued

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 01/09/18 at 02:13 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

Daaaaaaaaaaaang. That’s rough.

Hate to bring this back to the Wings, but that’s a really tough decision that I am not sure the Red Wings organization would make. Then again, our defensive prospects are quite questionable.

Posted by ilovehomers on 01/09/18 at 02:22 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

The odd thing here is, I don’t believe the Hawks have any good prospective Dmen.  Maybe he’s just trying to send a message to the team to wake them up.

But really, what a jerk Quenville must be to bench Seabrook without explanation.  Oh, the humanity!

Posted by TreKronor on 01/09/18 at 02:46 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

hahahhahahahaha

Posted by ilovehomers on 01/09/18 at 03:00 PM ET

A lineup based on merit? Imagine that.

Posted by CharDeeMacDennis on 01/09/18 at 03:55 PM ET

He should come to Detroit where there is never any accountability especially for veterans with Cup experience

Posted by bababooey on 01/09/18 at 06:26 PM ET

If Seabrook can’t regain form, the Blackhawks will be in a world of pain. 6 more years at $6.875M! Even the Wings don’t have a contract that bad.

Posted by evileye on 01/10/18 at 12:52 PM ET