Bitz Suspended Two Games For Boarding

Shanahan with the explanation.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: byron+bitz

Comments

...causing his head to impact violently and forcefully with the glass!  What about Weber on Z!  Hypocrite Bettman!!!!!!!!

Posted by DM from Michigan on 04/12/12 at 10:56 PM ET

Next time he needs to miss. And then get him.

Posted by T on 04/12/12 at 11:03 PM ET

cementslinger's avatar

But this is the playoffs.  Players don’t get suspended in the playoffs. wtf?

Posted by cementslinger from Midland MI on 04/12/12 at 11:08 PM ET

I never thought the NHL had a great deal of credibility, but the last week has just been insulting to fans.

Clowe playing the puck from the bench, affecting the outcome of the game, and nearly the division.

Briere’s off sides goal,

Weber getting fined while Bitz gets 2 games

not to mention the fact that in two games last night, two of the most penalized teams combined for 4 minor penalties, while the two least penalized teams in the league somehow combined for 17.

You can keep my game center live money you billed me for on monday, after blacking out all the games, but dont expect to get anymore of it.

Posted by jwad on 04/12/12 at 11:16 PM ET

Is the Weber suspension video going to play right after it??

Oh Wait…

Posted by MTL_WINGS from Montreal on 04/12/12 at 11:16 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

After 20+ years of following the NHL rather rabidly, I have to say I’m about tired of it as well. The product they put on ice is outstanding, but they still manage to fcuk it up.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/13/12 at 01:03 AM ET

DrewBehr's avatar

F*CK SHANAHAN

Posted by DrewBehr from The Mitten on 04/13/12 at 01:16 AM ET

DocF's avatar

If Bitz deserved two games, then Weber deserved a lifetime ban.  The whole thing is purely the work of the Evil Garden Gnome.  I was so disgusted when I heard this that I tore up my tinfoil hat.

Doc

Posted by DocF from Now: Lynn Haven, FL; was Reidsville, NC on 04/13/12 at 01:34 AM ET

calquake's avatar

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 04/12/12 at 11:03 PM ET

After 50 years how do you think I feel?  I hate the fact I may be giving up the sport that has been a constant companion to me for all these years but I can’t take any more of this.  The NHL will make it easy for me if there’s a lockout.

Posted by calquake on 04/13/12 at 01:41 AM ET

thethirdcoast's avatar

Just stopping to point some stuff out:

B. Bitz TOI: 2:51, 4 shifts
K. Clifford TOI: 2:29, 6 shifts

Nope, no double standard in the NHL at folks. Return to your homes, nothing to see here!

Posted by thethirdcoast from Algiers, DZ on 04/13/12 at 01:44 AM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

Goddammit Shanahan….you were may favorite Wing….sigh…

Posted by mrfluffy from Long Beach on 04/13/12 at 01:46 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

I used to really like Shanahan. Used to….

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 04/13/12 at 10:19 AM ET

How can you suspend this guy and not Weber?? Weber intentionally slammed Zetterburgs head off the glass

Posted by Jason on 04/13/12 at 11:39 AM ET

The beauty of it all is the next time Bitz does something stupid he’ll get 5 games as a repeat offender and Weber will get nothing since his previous act was only a fine.

That’s the same statute that they used with Pronger for years, he “only” got two games last time so two games is enough this time. Doan now falls into that category as well since his repeat offenses seem to get him less or equal time. The only reason they hammered Cooke last year was that the hypocrisy with Mario was too much for the league to bear so instead of fining him like Tortorella they taught him a lesson by suspending Cooke.

We now just have the same old wheel enhanced with video technology. I guess what it came down to is that old Colon is more honest than Shanny since he was unable to just lie to our faces. Shanny is no match for this leagues GMs. They may as well just have a teleconference between the GMs of the two teams involved in the incident and let them hash it out.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 04/13/12 at 12:19 PM ET