Bertuzzi Bothered By Dizziness

from Bill Roose at the Detroit Red Wings website,

Bertuzzi has been battling dizziness on top of a sinus infection that has kept the Wings’ forward at home for the last week. He said the dizziness began after he was struck in the face by Minnesota forward Devon Setoguchi’s stick Oct. 29.

“It started in Minnesota when I got hit,” Bertuzzi said. “Played two (more) games and it kept getting worse and worse; lighted-headed, dizzy and didn’t feel myself. Then I got a sinus infection and I went and got my ears checked. Got a little bit of swelling in there, so I got some pills to try and get the swelling down.”

Bertuzzi skated for only the first half of Thursday’s practice before heading to the locker room.

“I felt OK. Then everyone came out and things were going pretty quick,” he said. “I don’t know, they said three or four days, the medication should kick in and hopefully I can get my balance and stuff back.”

read on

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: todd+bertuzzi

Comments

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Yup.  Stillwoozi.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 11/10/11 at 05:58 PM ET

SolidTG7's avatar

I’ve heard from inside sources this dizziness only stops when he’s in the penalty box.

Posted by SolidTG7 on 11/10/11 at 06:14 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

That’s weird, ‘cause Bert’s dizziness has been bothering me, too.

Dr. Rahmani?

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 11/10/11 at 07:18 PM ET

Jeff  OKWingnut's avatar

Bert may be dizzy, but he is really bothered by Babcock’s pine bench.

Posted by Jeff OKWingnut from Quest for 12 on 11/10/11 at 07:18 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Sinus Infections can definitely make you dizzy as I have Chronic Sinusitis & I can’t even imagine trying to play hockey with dizziness or Sinus Infection

Posted by Evilpens on 11/10/11 at 07:27 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Whenever I have a cold it usually settles in my inner ears at some point and makes me dizzy. I have to be careful not to turn my head suddenly.

Sinus infections can be horrible.

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 11/10/11 at 08:29 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Sinus Infections are Pure Hell & it is Very tough to do physical activity let alone big time Cardio like Hockey ! you are stuffed up beyond belief let alone the Headache facaches & all the other crap

Posted by Evilpens on 11/10/11 at 08:38 PM ET