Bertuzzi In, Samuelsson Will Take Pre-Game, Someone Is Hurting

Tootoo is out.

added 3:01pm, Is it snowing in Anaheim?

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

DAN M's avatar

Please Lord not D, Z or Mule hurt.

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 03:03 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

Do you guys think that Samuelsson would cause a healthy scratch to someone who played game1 or is it because someone is hurt he’s taking the warm-up

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 03:06 PM ET

Maybe he takes the warm up in case Bertuzzi can’t go ?

Posted by mc keeper on 05/02/13 at 03:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Sorry, I posted the same tweet 2x, no replaced with the correct one.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 05/02/13 at 03:10 PM ET

I’m OK with Bert in for Tootoo but I can’t think of anyone I would choose Sammy over, so I hope whoever’s hurting isn’t hurting so much that he can’t play.

Posted by Garth on 05/02/13 at 03:16 PM ET

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

Cleary?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where the GM likes his team. on 05/02/13 at 03:20 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

I just pray its not Z or D that Sam would replace. That’s not how a guy like Sam should be brought back. Tons of pressure. If there’s no choice then there’s no choice but its hardly ideal.

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 03:32 PM ET

Posted by Garth on 05/02/13 at 03:16 PM ET

Cleary?

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from Where free agents no longer want to go. on 05/02/13 at 03:20 PM ET

Pwease?

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 05/02/13 at 03:35 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

Abdelkader and Cleary are always trying to stretch along the boards past defensemen, especially Gator.  MIght be one of them.

Posted by MoreShoot on 05/02/13 at 03:35 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

I’d rather have Cleary in over Sam. Shame on Sam. What did he get like 3+ million per?

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 03:35 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

Yes to Bert, PLEASE NO to Sammy.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 05/02/13 at 03:44 PM ET

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 03:35 PM ET

Yeah.

Posted by Garth on 05/02/13 at 03:54 PM ET

I still think the Datsyuk cloning experiment is not coming along at a fast enough rate.

Posted by neffernin on 05/02/13 at 04:49 PM ET

ChowYunCat's avatar

Is it worth removing the ignore I have on DAN M yet?

Posted by ChowYunCat on 05/02/13 at 05:12 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

Strongly disagree with Bert over Tootoo. Wings needed more speed and grit, which Tootoo brings. Bert’s not about to drop the gloves should Perry decide to kick Howard in the face again. Tootoo had a weak game in game 1, but it seemed like he needed a few more minutes. He’s an agitator and we’ve all seen what happens when you get under the Ducks skin.

*Kicks stick.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 05/02/13 at 05:23 PM ET

CaptNorris5's avatar

Maybe Tootoo is the one that’s hurt… dude only had 6 minutes TOI. Thats 4 less than the next lowest in Emmerton.

Posted by CaptNorris5 from The Winged Wheel, stuck in Chicago on 05/02/13 at 05:25 PM ET

I don’t see how inserting Bertuzzi into that 4th line does anything whatsoever to improve production. I imagine that he may be moved up at some point during the game, but initially I’m thinking that replacing Tootoo with Bert is a lateral move at best.

Posted by godblender on 05/02/13 at 05:31 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Is it worth removing the ignore I have on DAN M yet?
Posted by ChowYunCat on 05/02/13 at 05:12 PM ET

I was reticent to use the ignore feature, but the Game 1 LB convinced me to use it. I know my enjoyment of A2Y, TMR, and KK has improved immensely since I blocked him; it’s like having a mute button for that one annoying guy at every party. It works so well I blocked TPSH, too. Why would one want to un-ignore him?

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 05/02/13 at 05:37 PM ET

tkfergy's avatar

Posted by ChowYunCat on 05/02/13 at 05:12 PM ET

Yes it’s actual hockey talk…

Posted by tkfergy on 05/02/13 at 05:43 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

its funny that capt dennis posts thoughts about me.  if i’m ignored by you then why are you even talkin about me?  all i’ve been doin is talkin hockey.  no need to start any of this again.

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 05:46 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

got a huge game tonight that i’m not exactly feeling good about.  don’t wanna go back and forth back and forth.  just wanna talk about the wings.

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 05:49 PM ET

socalwingnut's avatar

Bert can put the puck in the net. Tootoo has hands of stone and spends too much time trying to agitate rather than provide energy. That’s why he’s playing 6 minutes. Emmerton has been playing very well lately and so has Eaves, so maybe adding someone with more offensive upside will give Boudreau something to think about when he’s matching lines. I think this is a lot better than a lateral move, mainly because Bert can also play on the power play and move up to any other line including the first one.

Posted by socalwingnut on 05/02/13 at 05:50 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

yea i agree.  we need some big bodies in there to push back too

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 05:52 PM ET

DAN M's avatar

it would sure be nice to get something from those guys bert and samuelsson.  I mean they’re not exactly collecting league minimum salaries here.  letting them both go next year and paying Mike Ryder wouldn’t upset me at all.

Posted by DAN M on 05/02/13 at 05:56 PM ET

I don’t imagine he’ll actually be playing on the fourth line.  Cleary maybe?

Posted by Garth on 05/02/13 at 06:06 PM ET