Beauchemin’s Hit On Fisher

from Eric Stephens of Ducks Blog,

Beauchemin might face a hearing this morning with NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan after dropping Predators center Mike Fisher in the latter half of the first period with a hit in the neutral zone.

Fisher suffered what the Predators called an “upper-body injury” and did not return to the game. But it was a hit that the rugged blue-liner and the Ducks ardently believe was clean in nature.

“I’m just hoping he’s OK,” Beauchemin said. “Because that’s just one of those fast plays that happens. Just a hit shoulder to shoulder. That’s what the league is looking at and I really had my arm tucked in. (No) elbow. Nothing.

“Maybe the point of the impact of his head on the ice hurt him more than anything else.”

Beauchemin did get two minutes for an illegal check to the head, watch the video and you can decide what is next….

Filed in: NHL Teams, Anaheim Ducks, Nashville Predators, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: francois+beauchemin, mike+fisher

Comments

Nate A's avatar

That looked like pure shoulder to me, despite the whiplash action. But it was plainly blindside if that has any bearing on anything anymore. I would certainly call that charging.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 10/30/11 at 11:24 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Cheapo thrown by an Anaheim Duck?  The look of shock on my face…. I’m worried it might be permanent.  Just blown away….

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/11 at 04:31 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Posted by bezukov from Wings Fan in exile: Columbus, OH on 10/30/11 at 03:31 PM ET

I see what you did there.  And I lolzed

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 10/30/11 at 08:24 PM ET

bezukov's avatar

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 10/30/11 at 07:24 PM ET

I’ll be here all week!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 10/30/11 at 11:20 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

It actually wasn’t blind side… he didn’t hit him until Fisher was able to see him. You can even see Fisher look at him right before contact.

Ducks have always been dirty, but I think suspending this hit would be a lot like most Tomas Holmstrom goals that are called back…

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 10/31/11 at 09:38 AM ET