Attatched To My Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Disclosure: I am participating in the Verizon Fans Voices program and have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product.

A typical day for me consists of:

Wake up sometime between 6am and 8am, alarm is set daily for 8:30am just in case my internal alarm clock does not go off.  Galaxy Note 3 is on my nightstand, charging through the night.

Lay in bed for five minutes, checking out overnight emails and tweets from the 300+ people I have listed for hockey news.

Depending on the overnight news, I either go to my home office for some quick updates or if they can wait, I start with a small breakfast.

Brew a pot of coffee, make breakfast usually consisting of as much organic food as possible.

Then I plop myself behind my computer and sit in the most comfortable computer chair made which came with a lifetime warranty which I have used a few times for some minor repair.

Since I am a diabetic, I then take my blood sugar levels and process the information for future analytics.

Now I am ready for my daily routine and this is where my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes in handy.

No longer am I stuck watching my computer for any interesting news, now I am able to trust my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and move about.

I am able to do updates to KK from the phone, receive hockey news instantly on it and check my rss feeds which update every minute.

I use Google Voice for my only phone number and also use it to text associates, family and friends.

I also wear this Up by Jawbone device which tracks my sleep and eating patterns plus measures my physical activity throughout the day, including how many steps I take per day.

Depending on when my work day ends, which is usually between 10pm to 1am, I may have some free time to watch TV.

Using the Samsung WatchOn app, turns the Galaxy Note 3 into a remote and also acts as a guide for all the shows I am interested in.

Combine that with the DIRECTV app and my limited amount of TV viewing (except hockey games) is covered.

I have to say never have I been so dependent on a phone, but then again I look at the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as more than that.  To me, it is a mini-computer, one which makes my daily routine so much easier.

I can't wait to try out the numerous features on the Galaxy Note 3, picture taking along with videos is on my list, but first, one team has to raise the Stanley Cup.

Then the summer of Paul starts sometime in mid-July.

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Those chairs DO rule.  It’s basically the industry standard for audio engineers in Nashville.

Posted by rklpro on 04/30/14 at 03:14 PM ET

Paul's avatar

So true rklpro.  I found myself buying a cheaper chair every year or so, decided to take the plunge about 8 years ago with this one.

Love the fact if something goes wrong, they come out and repair, no charge.

Even the arms were getting sort of worn out, replaced those too.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/30/14 at 03:17 PM ET

tekjansen's avatar

A co-worker of mine has the same phone and loves it. It’s almost like having a small paperback book with such a screen size. How useful do you find the stylus?

Posted by tekjansen on 04/30/14 at 03:38 PM ET

Paul's avatar

tek… the phone is the perfect size for me and the screen is very vibrant.

I used to scoff at watching a game on a phone, but this one is the perfect size for individual watching.

The stylus took some time to get used you, but I am a pro now. Used mostly for jotting down notes and tasks.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/30/14 at 03:44 PM ET

Robot ????

Posted by jhpcarrier97 on 04/30/14 at 04:01 PM ET

Primis's avatar

Posted by rklpro on 04/30/14 at 04:14 PM ET

When I was working I.T. for a big corporation years ago the company’s safety director made a point to spare little expense to get us new all chairs so we were comfortable and not have so many back and neck problems.  Most of us got one of those chairs, and the few you didn’t wished they had.

When the company went under a few years later they told employees they could keep their chairs for like $20.  Anyone with half a brain paid that $20.  I still have it as my computer chair.  It’s incredibly comfortable and it has a smaller footprint than most other comfy chairs.  I can’t see myself getting or needing another chair for a loooooooong time.

Posted by Primis on 04/30/14 at 07:06 PM ET