Are You Buying Smyth’s Story?

Looked like Ryan Smyth got his bell rung didn’t it?

Watch the video…

But no…

via Ben Kuzma of The White Towel,

“My leg went numb,” Smyth said before Game 4 Wednesday. “I had a quick pinch in my nerve or something and numbness and I couldn’t feel my legs. But I feel fine.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Los Angeles Kings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: ryan+smyth

Comments

w2j2's avatar

Believe him.
It was a neck injury, not a head injury.
A form of “Stinger” ...nerve pinch.

Posted by w2j2 on 04/21/10 at 08:33 PM ET

CaptainDennisPolonich's avatar

Yup, believe him. Did you see the way his head snapped back and forth? It doesn’t need to be a huge impact and your head doesn’t have to hit anything to do a lot of damage. Just ask Dale Earnhardt.

Posted by CaptainDennisPolonich from The Land of Fake Boobs and Real Nuts on 04/21/10 at 08:41 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I believe him. I’ve seen that happen before with similar effects.

Hard to argue against his story, really.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 04/21/10 at 09:47 PM ET

Haha. nice try at controversy paul. You suck

Posted by J.Truant on 04/21/10 at 09:52 PM ET

Haha. nice try at controversy paul. You suck

Posted by J.Truant on 04/21/10 at 07:52 PM ET

Ass.  Paul WASN’T starting anything at all.  He’s only posting a topic.

I get stingers waaay too often for my liking.

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 04/21/10 at 11:02 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Haha. nice try at controversy paul. You suck

Posted by J.Truant on 04/21/10 at 07:52 PM ET

No he doesn’t, you do!  Ya fukcin’ A$$hole.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 04/21/10 at 11:14 PM ET

a) Edler’s been a beast
b) buying what story? youre talking about a dude who got his teeth knocked out, got stitched up and came out to setup a game winning goal in 2006 against the Sharks. why would he make up stories?

Posted by Death Metal Nightmare from MKE on 04/21/10 at 11:41 PM ET

I think what’s being suggested isn’t that Smyth was faking an injury, but is in fact denying he had a concussion in order to keep playing—being a hero and risking his own health.

Posted by Reason on 04/22/10 at 01:31 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Posted by Reason on 04/21/10 at 11:31 PM ET

Bingo!

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/22/10 at 01:33 AM ET

Agreed.  Smyth has looked a step or two behind and a little confused out there since this hit.  Probably a little concussed.

Posted by Chase from LA on 04/22/10 at 06:00 AM ET

Primis's avatar

His head hit the boards.

That is no “stinger”.