Are The NHL Playoffs Set?

As of this morning, for both the Western and Eastern Conferences (below).

Do you see any changes within the top 8 in each conference or will the standings stay as they are?

image

image

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

phillyd's avatar

I think the East stays the same, but I think Phoenix passes SJ in the west.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 03/29/12 at 11:57 AM ET

I also think the East stays the same, but I think Phoenix moves to Seattle in the west.

Posted by Josh from Warren on 03/29/12 at 12:12 PM ET

I agree.  I think there can still be some movement in the West.  The Caps have put themselves in a really tough position.  Buffalo is playing well and has two games coming up they should win.  If they just win one of the other three, the Caps would have to get 8 out of 10 points.  They play three playoff teams and three of they’re games are on the road.  The best I think they can do is 6 points.

Posted by Greg on 03/29/12 at 12:16 PM ET

As a Hawks fan, I love the matchup against Dallas -it means a greally good shot at going to the second round.  I especially like the Detroit/Nashville matchup.  Even though they’ve struggled lately, Detroit will undoubtedly turn it up about 3 or more notches in the playoffs, again, and should be able to at least slow down, if not completely halt the progress of Nashville.

I can see the Kings and or Sharks falling out of it. Both would be hillarious. If they do manage to make it in, St.Louis wil have one of them for lunch and Vancouver the other.

Can’t wait for the annual Hawks/Vancouver playoff series.  Payback is a bitch, sister sedin, and it’s coming your way.

Posted by sean_o_sean on 03/29/12 at 12:29 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I think the East will not move but the West is not set yet. From who wins the Pacific to who makes it in will make for an exciting end to the season.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/29/12 at 12:51 PM ET

“their games”

Posted by greg on 03/29/12 at 01:04 PM ET

Posted by Josh from Warren on 03/29/12 at 10:12 AM ET

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, well done…

I would love it if the Sharks missed the playoffs, almost as much as I would love it if Vancouver fell off into the ocean and was never heard from again…

Posted by pstumba on 03/29/12 at 02:38 PM ET

NIVO's avatar

Miller puts the clamps on in Buffalo and holds down 8th. But will they spend it all just to get in? Also think the West will shift with those bottom daily until its over. Hard to say whos in and whos out in 7th and 8th. Depends who comes to play each night as phoenix/SJ/LA have been erratic in their swings.

Posted by NIVO from underpants gnome village on 03/29/12 at 04:38 PM ET

Rdwings28's avatar

the “chums” out would be welcome, heartwarming, satisfying, boisterous news

Posted by Rdwings28 on 03/29/12 at 06:00 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Posted by sean_o_sean on 03/29/12 at 10:29 AM ET

Holy fvck you’re a douche.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 03/30/12 at 01:29 AM ET