Apology Is Necessary

from Mike Milbury of CBC,

The NHL and its chief of hockey operations made mistakes. Those mistakes have impacted Marc Savard. Call the guy and tell him it never should have happened.  Apologize to the PA and the fans. Hockey people know Campbell’s reputation and if it’s as strong as the league statements of support would have you believe, then there is plenty of political capital to use to get by this.

And you owe your son an apology, Colin. You have put him in a very uncomfortable situation in the Boston clubhouse. Greg seems like the type of man who can handle the heat but just the same, he deserves the call. After all, his dad’s comments were about a teammate.

And enough with the “we did nothing wrong, we are men of integrity” spiel. A simple admission of making a mistake will do. Please don’t tell me that the emperor is wearing a beautiful robe today. We all know better.

Filed in: NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: colin+campbell

Comments

Mandingo's avatar

Someone either hacked Mike Milbury’s posting privileges or he dropped acid this afternoon. Those are the only possible things that could explain this.

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/19/10 at 07:39 PM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Posted by Mandingo from The Garage on 11/19/10 at 04:39 PM ET

Yeah, I was also confused by this.  I have never known Milbury to make any sense, let alone this much.  I wonder if he is paying someone to write his blog for him?  Regardless, it’s a pretty good assessment of the situation.  I need a shower now.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 11/19/10 at 07:56 PM ET

No kidding where did this come from, you both could be right, but I was thinking someone hit Milbury over the head with a shoe.

Posted by Cubanpuckstopper on 11/19/10 at 08:05 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I don’t think even an apology to the fans, at this point, will suffice.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/19/10 at 08:05 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Let’s not forget Milbury does work for NESN.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 11/19/10 at 08:07 PM ET

I don’t think even an apology to the fans, at this point, will suffice.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/19/10 at 05:05 PM ET

+1.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 11/19/10 at 08:21 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

Mandingo - I agree with you completely.  The idea of Milbury doing acid is very funny.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 11/19/10 at 08:42 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

Someone check to see if hell is freezing over, I am on the same side of an argument as mike milbury?

What’s that old saying?: “don’t believe anything you read and only half of what you see”

I would be much more convinced if milbury was standing in front of me when he supposedly made these remarks, but if true, kudos to him.

Posted by Down River Dan on 11/19/10 at 08:58 PM ET

Could this be a fake Mike Milbury, like the Fake Brian Burke twitter account ?

Posted by mc keeper on 11/20/10 at 12:00 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Paul hit it on the head.  Milbury works for NESN on Bruins telecasts, working from the desk.  That’s all you need to know.

Regardless…. he’s friggin’ right.  Doesn’t matter why he has the opinion, it’s the right one (for once).

Posted by Primis on 11/20/10 at 12:19 AM ET

Moq's avatar

There’s a current trend of apologizing every little thing, or if someone feels minor discomfort about something written or said. I don’t really support that trend.

By all means, Campbell should call Savard and his son. But as a fan, I don’t need any apologies, and the notion seems ridiculous to me.

Posted by Moq from Denmark on 11/20/10 at 12:10 PM ET

Wait, what? Mike Milbury said something that makes sense? o_O Next thing you know Garth Snow and Charles Wang will no longer be involved with the Islanders…

Posted by Iggy Rules on 11/20/10 at 01:46 PM ET

Jennemy of the Skate's avatar

Besides, Milbury’s more of a shoe man.

But yes, he’s right.

Posted by Jennemy of the Skate from the bar car on the stress train on 11/23/10 at 05:55 PM ET