Anton Volchenkov With An Elbow To The Head Of Zach Boychuk

Volchenkov received two for elbowing.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Carolina Hurricanes, New Jersey Devils, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: anton+volchenkov

Comments

Paul's avatar

Anton has a scheduled meeting with the NHL this morning.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 02/09/11 at 10:14 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Paul, I’m so tired of you picking on Anton Volchenkov.  All you ever do is post videos of when he does something wrong.  I swear, you watch every Devils game just so you can post videos of Anton Volchenkov playing hard and helping his team.  This is so unfair.

wink

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/09/11 at 10:22 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Oh yeah, Volchenkov got that elbow out there.  What a stupid play.

Scheduled meeting means at least four games, right?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/09/11 at 10:25 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/09/11 at 08:22 AM ET

Beat me to it!

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 02/09/11 at 10:45 AM ET

MarkK's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/09/11 at 08:22 AM ET

Beat me to it!

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 02/09/11 at 08:45 AM ET

Dammit, thats why I came in here too.

Posted by MarkK from Maryland on 02/09/11 at 11:23 AM ET

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/09/11 at 08:22 AM ET

That’s a hat trick for J.J. in the comments section. Well played, I was coming here for the same reason’s as stated above.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 02/09/11 at 12:52 PM ET

awould's avatar

Listen to the announcers in this play. Could they be more homer?

To paraphrase: “Yeah he got an elbow or maybe a forearm up a little…. Oooohh, that looked painful. But if you watch, the other team deserved a penalty too.”

Nothing to see here…. move along…..

Posted by awould on 02/09/11 at 01:15 PM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

Not much of a elbow, but it was an elbow to the head and is deserving.

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Columbus, OH/Grand Rapids, MI on 02/09/11 at 01:55 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

I’m surprised the ‘Canes didn’t get a roughing call against them for the retaliation. I’m not saying it would have been deserved, but I am surprised.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 02/09/11 at 02:03 PM ET

PaulinMiamiBeach's avatar

these players remind me of politicians.  they don’t seem to realize that everything they do (and in the case of politicians, say) is recorded from multiple angles in high definition with slow-motion capabilities and everyone on the planet can see it.

Posted by PaulinMiamiBeach on 02/09/11 at 02:13 PM ET