Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 09/29/09 at 07:55 AM ET
from Per Bjurman of the Sports Bladet (transferred below)
Thus it is established that the best Swede in NHL named Henrik Zetterberg.
For so many crushing, of a total of 161, said that of “Zäta” on the question of which of our transatlantic stars being the highest class.
- Thank you for the award. But I myself would have put my voice on “Lidas,” (Lidstrom) says 28-year-old Medelpad no when Sportbladet talk to him before the Sweden-visit and a season in which he wants revenge.
No, Henrik Zetterberg did not sneeze at all about that 102 colleagues at home in the premier league voted for him in Sportbladet survey of the best NHL Swedes - and the nearest competitors and Nicklas Lidström Nicklas Bäckström did not come up in more than 17 votes each.
On the contrary.
- It will always be glad of such awards. Especially when other hockey players voted. It weighs a bit heavier than when journalists speak out.
- In addition, it’s fun to beat “Lidas” ...Humble
But himself could Conn Smythe-winner of the 2008 playoffs thus have voted for their captain.
- Yes, I still think that “Lidas” is the best in the league. But I see him all the time too. It is does not make people in Sweden.
What do you mean?
- Somebody like me is still in place for most of the premier league, not so long ago I myself played there. But of course Nicky came here for ... well, what is it almost 40 years ago, ha ha. There is hardly any left in Sweden who have played with or against him. And because it is not so easy to see NHL games in Sweden do they simply not know how good he is.
Otherwise, then, it’s time for a new season. How do you do with ex-masters?
- I think it feels good. We have lost some heavy player, as Marian Hossa and Mikael Samuelsson. But we have new, young guys who probably thought was ready for the NHL as early as last season, but then there was simply no room. This makes it now and it’s probably just good and necessary that we get a generation.
Yes, those youths who Helm and Abdelkader was already well in the playoffs last spring that they can be trusted?
- Absolutely. Same thing with Jonte Ericsson. He will definitely be full this year. Officials who made the biggest impression on me during the preseason is Ville Leino. He did not play much last year, but has been very good in the opening matches of the year.
Naturally, then? Zetterberg is the revenge hungry after final loss against Pittsburgh?
- It is easier to justify itself this year, certainly. Last year, when we were champions, it was well frankly, a little this and that the lighting in parts of the regular season. We managed to press the right button and was able to switch up in the tournament, which was very well done. But as I said, the series was not quite as it was in our locker room all times. Now, however, you feel really hungry.
How long did it overcome the finals?
- Um ... clear that it was hard to lose a final. But we went to Jamaica a week vacation and then I had forgotten it. But you can not keep on thinking about it too much, then you crazy. Now we have another chance, that’s what it is fine.
You come to Sweden today to begin the season with a last friendly match in Karlsruhe and two league games in Stockholm. How about it?
- It will be incredibly fun. It is a totally unique thing, it will probably never get the chance to play NHL hockey in the Swedish ice.
Are you looking forward to show to Sweden for North American and Russian teammates?
- Yes, really. There are a few of those who have never been there. The only thing sad is that we probably did not do much on the side.
You may cough as much for tickets to access the circuit as we heard that Holmstrom and Kronwall may be?
- Yes, it will be expensive games ... Ha ha. But it is worth it.
What about your injury? You have not been able to play in one of training games?
- There is a groin is malfunctioning. It began in the camp. I thought it would be good now, but reading has not had any real effect. I can not do what I want on the ice, not fully.
- Really. It begins to move closer to now, we wanted to play. But I hope to be able to participate in the match against Farjestad, it’s the plan.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org