All Pavel Datsyuk

from of Puck Daddy,

I spoke to Datsyuk last week about the upcoming playoffs, NHL rules changes, Alex Ovechkin and Alex Radulov, and other League topics. But as you’ll read, our conversations went in many other interesting places, including:

• His early hockey years, including wearing figure skates and a locker room fight.

• The people with whom he’d most like to have dinner.

• The evils of hockey camps.

• His favorite sport other than hockey.

Enjoy.

How do you feel about HBO cameras following you around before the next Winter Classic for their 24/7 show?

I really liked those shows. I didn’t watch all the episodes, but the ones I saw I really enjoyed. And if they follow me around, I just have to be myself. I don’t want to be seen as someone I am not. I am just going to be me, who I am every day. I won’t change for the cameras. If you try to be fake, people will notice it right away.

read on

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: pavel+datsyuk

Comments

awesome!!! God I love this guy smile

Posted by Nat from mtl on 03/22/12 at 03:09 PM ET

42jeff's avatar

Look, you can write any rule you want. But everything is caused by something else. Everything depends on us, on hockey players. It depends on how we treat each other, how much respect we show each other. Of course emotions sometimes take over. But there were cases when it led to someone’s career being jeopardized.

This right here?  They should make every player in the league read this.

Posted by 42jeff from The greater Howard City, MI metroplex on 03/22/12 at 03:15 PM ET

Link_Gaetz's avatar

Damn, I love Pavel Datsyuk interviews. I wish more players at least tried to be this funny, open, and insightful.

Posted by Link_Gaetz on 03/22/12 at 03:21 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

This is such a great interview.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 03/22/12 at 03:21 PM ET

Super angry that the guy was nearly invisible all game last night except for the last 5 minutes of the game; neverthless, this is a great interview and really shows how smart and caring the guy is.  I like how he says the most beautiful word in Russian is ‘mama’.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 03/22/12 at 03:33 PM ET

MOWingsfan19's avatar

That was one click for Puck Daddy that I didn’t cringe over.

Posted by MOWingsfan19 from I really like our team on 03/22/12 at 04:41 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

That was one click for Puck Daddy that I didn’t cringe over.

That’s cause it was Dmitry Chesnokov. He does excellent interviews. The stuff by Justin Bourne is usually interesting too, but I’m not sure that he still contributes to PD.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 03/22/12 at 05:23 PM ET

Add another superstar who knows how to increase scoring in the NHL. Simply reduce oversized goalie gear. The league seems hell bent on doing everything but the most easiest and correct thing. STREAMLINE the GEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Lets see Crosby stated that its too difficult to score along the ice, current formula allows most leg pads to be over three feet long. Drop to a butterfly style and most goalies can cover the entire bottom portion of the net. Also remember what Jerome Iginla said. That shooters need to see the back of the net, its a physcological thing, and that smaller goalie gear is the key to more goals. So now we have Datsuk, Crosby and Iginla practically saying the same thing, STREAMLINE GOALIE GEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Could you imagine any other sports stars in any league being ignored the way the NHL does to three of its most influential not to mention marketable stars. Like i always say hockey truly most be the greatest sport on earth because no other sport could survive such incompetent leadership.

Posted by patrick oneill from yonkers ny on 03/22/12 at 06:21 PM ET

Great to see him against Rangers last night.  What a great talent.  Wings such a talented group.  Enough compliments.  I’m still glad Rangers won.

Posted by 13 user names on 03/22/12 at 08:56 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

The rangers played their assess off. It was a good game. I’d like the outcome to be different, but much respect.

I absolutely adore Pavel Datsyuk.

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/23/12 at 02:30 AM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

This right here?  They should make every player in the league read this.

Posted by 42jeff from Minot, North Dakota on 03/22/12 at 01:15 PM ET

And Kronwall twice.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 03/23/12 at 12:29 PM ET

Pavel is great, but that definitely wasn’t his best effort. I’d call him the scapegoat on the GWG for sure.

Posted by shep on 03/23/12 at 01:43 PM ET