All Mike Knuble

from Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington,

Mike Knuble has never been one to shy away from giving his opinions and in a wide-ranging interview with CSNwashington.com, the candid 39-year-old veteran offers his thoughts on his three seasons with the Capitals, their search for a new coach and his feelings about Alex Ovechkin:

CSN: You have a home in East Grand Rapids. Would the Detroit Red Wings be a possibility?

Knuble: We are going back that way and we are going to live in Michigan, probably the rest of our lives, or at least until the kids go to school and are out of college. Detroit would be a neat story since I was drafted there. I’ll make no secret about that. That would be a nice way to come back around. You don’t have that luxury, but maybe a team has a hole and I can fill fit for a year until a prospect develops.

CSN: You spent three seasons with Alex Ovechkin. What are your thoughts on the season he had and where he’s headed?

Knuble: It’s a strange year and hopefully in a couple years this was just a blip on the radar screen. Do I think his game has diminished? No. Do I think he might have to adapt to teams keying on him? Of course. There’s no doubting his skill. You’d love to see him get back to the amount of goals he used to score. He had 30-plus this year and the team had great success. If you combine him having a bigger season statistically and throw in some great team success you’re going to have a tough time holding this team back. I think he learned a lot this season. Hopefully, it’s part of maturing and there are great things to come in the next couple years.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Washington Capitals, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mike+knuble

Comments

Nathan's avatar

Yes please. Knuble would be the perfect type of veteran to add to this team, especially if Homer retires.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 06/06/12 at 05:41 PM ET

MsRedWinger's avatar

Geez, that was a pretty big hint he dropped there that he’d like to be a Red Wing…

Posted by MsRedWinger from Flori-duh on 06/06/12 at 05:53 PM ET

Gary A$$ SUCK !!'s avatar

He would look good in a Red Wing uniform.!!!??  Let’s Go Red Wings !!!

Posted by Gary A$$ SUCK !! from Fort Myers, Florida on 06/06/12 at 05:59 PM ET

MoreShoot's avatar

You would want Knuble before Moen?  Just askin’

Posted by MoreShoot on 06/06/12 at 06:26 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Knuble brings it, would be a great fit with Helm, Miller, Abby, Eaves (assuming he plays) he plays a Cicarellian type game and he’s got unfinished business since he doesn’t consider his cup with Detroit his, as he was a rookie at the time and I don’t even think he played.

Moen would be nice, but I’ve seen knuble play and I KNOW he’s good for 20+ goals on the Wings, with the Wings he’d be with, and I think he’d be the PERFECT catalyst to develop a scoring touch on some of our bottom 6 guys.  He scores playing bottom six style, bring him on.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 06/06/12 at 06:32 PM ET

TKShreve's avatar

I don’t think we have a lot of room right now, do we?

Posted by TKShreve from East Uptown on 06/06/12 at 06:38 PM ET

How great is it gonna be for Mike Knuble to return to the Red Wings, and get to play in the Big House.

He is exactly the type of player they have suggested they wanted to add to the bottom 6.  I was kinda hoping he was available in at the deadline.

Posted by jwad on 06/06/12 at 07:03 PM ET

Meh.

...maybe if he was willing to sign for a million bucks, which I doubt he is…

Posted by godblender on 06/06/12 at 07:33 PM ET

Come to Pittsburgh Mike.. you will be loved there like Billy G and Mike Rupp were.  Pittsburgh loves that type of player.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 06/06/12 at 07:37 PM ET

Would look real good in a 22-winged wheel. He’s go the size they need too.

Posted by Jesters Dead on 06/06/12 at 08:04 PM ET

Itrusteddrrahmani's avatar

Yes please.  Good veteran presence.

Posted by Itrusteddrrahmani from Nyc by way of A2 on 06/06/12 at 08:29 PM ET

Aphaea's avatar

I wouldn’t mind seeing Knuble back with the Wings.

I think he played a couple playoff games in 1998, but I honestly don’t remember. I do remember his NHL debut, however, because what a first game to get thrown into.

Posted by Aphaea on 06/06/12 at 08:53 PM ET