All Jaromir Jagr

from Randy Miller of Flyer Files at the CourierPost,

Your agent was in town this week. Anything going on?

“No. I think it’s too early. It’s only 40-some games into the season.”

Are you interested in returning to Philly next season? So far, you’ve always said you’ll wait until after the season.

“The question is am I going to help here. I don’t want to be somewhere where I can’t help. I thought I’d be on a good team, but there are a lot of good players here.

You’re on the first line.

“So far.”

Do you want to play in NHL next season?

“Of course I want to play. I’ll see what happens.

continued

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jaromir+jagr

Comments

I was probably one of the last Pittsburgher Jagr fans left… but he has lost me.  Although I appreciate what he did for the penguins in the 90’s, there really is nothing he can do now that would allow us penguins fans to celebrate his career once it is finally over.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/19/12 at 04:50 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I can’t believe Paul would even put this up here.

Paul, I don’t know how to break this to you, but this story isn’t about the Red Wings.  What gives, man?

[/sarcasm]

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 01/19/12 at 05:01 PM ET

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/19/12 at 01:50 PM ET

Gotta give him some credit for being the best internet troll of the season.

Posted by NathanBC on 01/19/12 at 05:32 PM ET

Gotta give him some credit for being the best internet troll of the season.

well i don’t agree with him on nearly 99% of things, but i would not say he is a troll.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/19/12 at 05:46 PM ET

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/19/12 at 01:50 PM ET

He lost you because he would like to continue playing in the future?

Posted by Garth on 01/19/12 at 05:53 PM ET

He lost you because he would like to continue playing in the future?

not sure what you mean.  I am not going to try and argue that the penguins are the best organization, or that Pittsburgh is a great place to play, or that Jagr owed the penguins anything.  I am a fan who felt that Jagr should never have been traded, that he should have been kept regardless of the situation.  So when the opportunity presented itself this offseason for him to rejoin the penguins, for his final year(s) of his playing career, I (like many other pens fans) were hopeful that he would accept a slighlty less lucrative deal to join the team that drafted him, and that he won 2 cups with in the past.

when he turned that deal down, acted the way he did during the media scrum in pittsburgh prior to playing his first game in pittsburgh as a flyer, and continues to mention that the penguins offer to him this summer was not enough money for him to feel like a good player… i say, ‘he lost me’.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/19/12 at 06:00 PM ET

Um, I wasn’t really arguing any of that either.

when he turned that deal down

Hmm, I think you misspelled “when Pittsburgh pulled their offer off the table”.

i say, ‘he lost me’.

It just seemed odd that your comment “he lost me” was in direct response to a rather innocuous interview where he was pretty humble and simply stated that he’d like to continue playing.

Posted by Garth on 01/19/12 at 06:26 PM ET

Man is the reporter obssessed with the money question, how many times does Jagr say the main pt is to play for a good team at a high level and be happy.

Posted by RyanS from Calgary on 01/19/12 at 06:52 PM ET

did you read the whole article?  Jagr brought up pittsburgh, which is why i mentioned that he lost me as a fan.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 01/19/12 at 07:17 PM ET

Jagr brought up pittsburgh, which is why i mentioned that he lost me as a fan.

Oh, that makes sense then.

He lost you as a fan because he wasn’t sure what line he’d play on in Pittsburgh before Shero took his offer off the table.

Or else he lost you as a fan because he liked playing on a line with Kip Miller.

I dig…