All Brandon Sutter

from Seth Rorabaugh of Empty Netters,

New Penguins center Brandon Sutter met with the local media today for the first time as a member of the Penguins.

He discussed is initial impressions of the Penguins, how he feels he’ll be used by coaches and his famous hockey family.

At first, you were taken aback by the trade from the Hurricanes. Over a month later, how do you feel about the move?

“I’m really looking forward to it. At first, it’s tough. It’s the first time I’ve been traded. It was a place I was comfortable. It’s a whole new feel now. At first … it’s a little disappointing. Then you start thinking about, you move on. I’m definitely getting excited. I think once I meet the guys and start skating and stuff like that, it will be awesome. I’m getting really pumped.”

Have you thought about how many offensive opportunities you might get with the Penguins compare to the Hurricanes?

“I think where I was before, I liked my role there and I feel it’s going to be kind of similar here. I think at the same time, there was times where I didn’t get very much offensive opportunity at all. There was no power play, no nothing ever. Which is fine if you’re winning. But when you’re not winning, that can be kind of frustrating I guess. I haven’t had a chance to talk to Dan about that yet but I think it’s going to be clear what I’m going to be doing.”

thanks to a KK member for the pointer

Filed in: NHL Teams, Pittsburgh Penguins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: brandon+sutter

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

what a concept ! a RH C that can win faceoffs. instead of putting out Craig Adams on the PK or late in games because Jack Adams loves him

Posted by Evilpens on 07/25/12 at 02:51 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

Evilpens, how happy were you that Staal finally got traded?  Haha.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 07/25/12 at 07:59 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Not happy ! I just thought he was a 5th wheel On a car With Sid & Geno he was never going to be anymore than a 3rd line C in Pgh.4 Mill a year was too much for a 3rd Line C & 6 Mill offered was sickening.

Now that being said I love Brandon Sutter & Dumoulin, Now I’m afraid Pouliot is a boom/bust draft pick & when drafting 8th in the 1st rd. You can’t draft a boom/bust & definitely can’t draft a boom/bust D Man when the Pens have so many D Men & so few forwards, Especially wingers

Posted by Evilpens on 07/25/12 at 08:19 PM ET

mrfluffy's avatar

So…will Shero and Holland conjure up some sort of trade?

Posted by mrfluffy from A wide spot on I-90 in Montana on 07/25/12 at 08:45 PM ET

Flashtastick56's avatar

Evilpens, how happy were you that Staal finally got traded?  Haha.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 07/25/12 at 05:59 PM ET

He probably peed when it was announced.

EP, don’t forget they drafted Maatta later in the 1st round.  That should be a steal.

Posted by Flashtastick56 from Meriden, CT on 07/25/12 at 10:47 PM ET