Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Paul on 01/22/10 at 11:25 AM ET
from Kevin Oklobzija of the Democrat and Chronicle,
In the course of winning 19 of 24 games for the Rochester Americans, (Alexander) Salak has found it appropriate to and/or managed to:
- Kiss a cross bar in the waning minutes of a one-goal victory;
- Flip his mask into the air to celebrate Keaton Ellerby’s hat trick in November;
- Mock a goal judge’s errant call by pretending to wash the Plexiglas;
- Drop-kick the puck some 40 feet down the ice during the All-Star Game;
- Enrage fans in Syracuse with an overzealous victory celebration in November, prompting security personnel to usher him out a side door to the waiting team bus;
- Acknowledge the applause of fans at the All-Star Game by waving to them during play.
“You want to put on a show for people,” Salak said.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com