Alain Vigneault Responds To Claude Julien Remarks On Henrik Lundqvist

via Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News,

Alain Vigneault fired back swiftly, directly and fiercely Saturday morning at Claude Julien, responding to the Boston Bruins coach’s Friday comments that Henrik Lundqvist had done “some acting” on a right knee to the head from Bruins forward Brad Marchand.

“Well, (the Rangers public relations staff) filled me in a little bit on what was said after the game,” Vigneault said. “I mean it’s a little disappointing. Obviously everybody saw the knee to the head. The comments on Hank were very inappropriate. The way Hank conducts himself, on the ice, away from the rink, off the ice, the example that he sets. Who would you rather have as a son, Henrik Lundqvist or Brad Marchand? For him to say things like that about Hank, totally wrong, and probably Claude is getting a little older and needs to check his eyesight.”

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, New York Rangers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: alain+vigneault

Comments

again, fuch boston. hate that fuching piece of shiit team.

Posted by Pasha1277 on 11/28/15 at 01:14 PM ET

pautna's avatar

Actually, I would rather have Jonathan Quick as my son because he’s a real King who wins Stanley Cups and he’s not a poser with fancy suits.

And the prince did get hit in the head but he also flopped like a tuna on the deck a fishing boat well after the fact. I thought it was bad acting too. I think Vigneault stayed up all night to come up with the “getting a little older” line. Not so old that he can’t still see his name on the cup . Can Alain see his name on the cup?

Posted by pautna on 11/28/15 at 02:43 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Who would you rather have as a son, Henrik Lundqvist or Brad Marchand?

Gee, that’s a tough one. Let me give that about a nanosecond’s worth of thought. Okay, it’s definitely not that little prick Marchand.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/28/15 at 03:16 PM ET

Who would you rather have as a son, Henrik Lundqvist or Brad Marchand?

Only Jack Edwards would find that a stupid question.  Ever heard him say Brad Marchand’s name?  It’s like he’s crossing his legs and drooling at the same time.  Yech…

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 11/28/15 at 04:53 PM ET

Mr. Fnytelhatt's avatar

Posted by pautna on 11/28/15 at 02:43 PM ET

AV’s comments, making use of irrelevant (bordering on inappropriate) comparisons of personal characteristics between Marchand and Lundqvist are made more amusing by the very fact that they are irrelevant, inappropriate and childish. That’s a comparison that Marchand is never going to win, and he does have himself to blame to a very large extent. Possibly, a more mature mind than mine could be critical of AV for this amusing childishness.

I’m at a loss to comprehend how the Kings and Quick enter into it though. Quick does have his name on the cup twice, I think we can all agree, but the proportion of people who do not consider Lundqvist a substantially superior goaltender is going to be quite low.

Posted by Mr. Fnytelhatt on 11/28/15 at 05:05 PM ET