Afternoon Line

“I still belong, I’m better than some other guys, and I’d like another shot.  I’d love to come back, but I know once you are out of the League a little bit guys tend to forget about you and that’s the nature of the beast. But I still think I have something to show in the NHL, and to prove I still belong there. For me it would be a great second chance to come back and play in the best league.”

-UFA goalie Cristobal Huet.  More from Kevin Woodley of InGoal Magazine.

Filed in: NHL Teams, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: cristobal+huet

Comments

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I still belong, I’m better than some other guys

I’m not the worst goalie in the world. Give me a chance!

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/09/12 at 05:03 PM ET

shanetx's avatar

He’s right.  These contract banishing teams screw players over because they overpaid them.

I’m not sure Huet wouldn’t have been an upgrade for Chicago last year.

Posted by shanetx from Floydada, Texas on 07/09/12 at 05:34 PM ET

But I still think I have something to show in the NHL

This has Philadelphia Flyers Goaltending written all over it.

Posted by Cubanpuckstopper on 07/09/12 at 06:41 PM ET

This has Philadelphia Flyers Goaltending written all over it.

Posted by Cubanpuckstopper on 07/09/12 at 04:41 PM ET

Or New York Islanders.

Posted by SYF from the team that re-signed KFQ and DFC by KFH on 07/09/12 at 06:42 PM ET

phillyd's avatar

Flyers resigned Leighton for their back-up so it won’t be them.

Posted by phillyd from Southern New Jersey on 07/09/12 at 08:27 PM ET