Afternoon Line

“I had a great six years in Vancouver. I think it’s a wonderful city, I really enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to bring a Stanley Cup there, which was probably my biggest regret. But it will be remembered for six great years.”

-Roberto Luongo, still with the Vancouver Canucks.  More at TSN.

added 3:16pm, If you want more from Luongo, Puck Daddy has a partial transcript of the interview.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Vancouver Canucks, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: roberto+luongo

Comments

w2j2's avatar

He should shut his mouth.

Posted by w2j2 on 07/06/12 at 04:55 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

lmao I was like, whoa, how’d I miss him getting traded… hahaha

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/06/12 at 05:13 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I would lose it if he goes to the Leafs, in a maniacal laughter kind of way

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/06/12 at 05:17 PM ET

RedMenace's avatar

O_o

Roberto, seriously?

Posted by RedMenace from the Church of Jesus Lashoff on 07/06/12 at 05:19 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Oh shit, just read the TSN article.. Leafs are seriously in the mix.. this is outstanding..

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 07/06/12 at 05:19 PM ET

I hope no one is seriously considering giving up more than a couple of mid-late round draft picks for him.

Posted by godblender on 07/06/12 at 05:36 PM ET

He probably had that written from the day he signed with the Canucks.  He’s probably in his study furiously drafting his letter of apology to the next fan base he’s going to disappoint.

“I’d like to thank the people of ______ for 4 good years.  I’m really disappointed we weren’t able to win a Cup, or even get out of the second round, but I truly believe every single person on this team gave their all, and my memories of ______ will be nothing but positive.”

“Also, all your checks cashed, which is really the most important thing.”

Posted by HockeyinHD on 07/06/12 at 05:39 PM ET

Uhhh. He took them to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. Give me a break people, he is a world class goaltender and deserves more respect.

Posted by letsmakeit12 on 07/06/12 at 07:44 PM ET

Uhhh. He took them to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Yeah, it’s because of him.

He was pulled twice in the first round and replaced by Schneider.  Only reason he even got back into the series was that Schneider got hurt.

Did you actually watch him play?

Posted by Garth on 07/06/12 at 08:59 PM ET

Obviously Roberto Luongo was brought in to be the goaltending savior and it just never happened, but so far, I feel that both Luongo and the Canucks organization have handled this divorce fairly well.

Posted by henrymalredo from lansing on 07/06/12 at 09:21 PM ET

Uhhh. He took them to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final

“He’s probably in his study furiously drafting his letter of apology to the next fan base he’s going to disappoint.”

Emphasis added.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 07/06/12 at 10:05 PM ET

Luongo gets Vancouver Canucks Gardiner from TO

Posted by michael on 07/07/12 at 02:19 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Could he deal with ‘Chelsea Dagger’ in Chicago?

“I like that song. It’s catchy. I heard it seven times in one game.”

“You keep pitchin’ em’, and I keep… lettin’ em’ in from center ice…”

Posted by Primis on 07/07/12 at 02:22 AM ET

He won 15 games on the way to the game 7 loss to Boston in the ‘11 Finals. Schneider did what? This year Schneider took the reigns, absolutely. You can’t discount 15 wins in the playoffs, and if you do, you are a fool.

Posted by letsmakeit12 on 07/07/12 at 04:33 AM ET