Afternoon Line

“I was excited to come to the Kings because it put me in the thick of a playoff race.  This is what every guy in the NHL plays for – to play in the playoffs and have a chance to win the Stanley Cup. Coming to Los Angeles definitely gave me a big boost.”

“It was a long year for me in Columbus, but when you find out you are coming to a team like the Kings, it’s exciting.  The games all felt like playoff games with the situation that we were in. When you are playing for a shot at the playoffs, in every game you are battling for your life and they are all must-win games.”

-Jeff Carter of the Los Angeles Kings.  Read more on Carter and the Kings from Doug Ward at the Kings’ website.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Los Angeles Kings, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jeff+carter

Comments

every time this guy speaks it is a shot at columbus.  I actually liked the guy when he played for the flyers, which being a penguins fan is hard to do.  But I really can not stand the guy anymore.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 05/25/12 at 04:39 PM ET

Good for him.  He signed a contract with the Flyers on the idea that he would spend his career there and he got f*cked by them and shipped off to shit town.  When the Wings were eliminated my big hope was that the Kings would meet the Flyers in the finals with Richards and Carter winning with the Flyers getting to lose again in the Finals.

This is good too though.

Posted by Garth on 05/25/12 at 05:36 PM ET

shit town

pot calling the kettle black.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 05/25/12 at 06:24 PM ET

pot calling the kettle black.

I’m not a town.

Posted by Garth on 05/25/12 at 09:17 PM ET

shit town

pot calling the kettle black.

Posted by gretzky_to_lemieux on 05/25/12 at 04:24 PM ET

I am sure the tag fits where ever that may be.

Carter is a clown, you don’t get to chose where you play, and a professional sucks it up and stops whining about his forced separation from his butt buddy.

Posted by timbits on 05/25/12 at 09:34 PM ET