Afternoon Line

I still think this could be a big mistake by the Avs, but only time will tell. I really think Anderson might be one of those late-bloomer kinds of guys who gets better as he gets older. Obviously, he wasn’t great this year.
But come on, name me a goalie who would have shined with that defense in front of them?

You get a bad defense, you get a bad goalie, more often than not. Anderson was superman last year, but it was too much to expect him to be one again this year – especially after a knee injury that hurt his mechanics a lot it seemed, after he came back.

-Adrian Dater of All Things Avs on the trading of Craig Anderson.  More from Dater on the trade.

This was the biggest surprise trade of the busy day today.  I thought the Avs could have received more than RFA Brian Elliott.

What trade surprised you the most today?

Filed in: NHL Teams, Colorado Avalanche, Ottawa Senators, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: craig+anderson

Comments

From the comments section of Dater’s blog:

Jack Wilkie
Best thing to happen to the Avs in weeks. I’m thrilled to get rid of Anderson’s bad attitude, bad body language, blame games, and lack of effort. He’s a cancer on the ice. Elliott can’t be any worse than Anderson has been this year. I think Andy expected a huge payday for last year and has sulked ever since he realized he wasn’t going to get it. You need a goalie that wants to play for your team. Andy plays for a paycheck. Good riddance.

Wow.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/18/11 at 07:17 PM ET

Sadie's avatar

I was actually wondering whether Anderson had an attitude problem or some personal conflict within the organization, as otherwise I just don’t get what Colorado’s thinking here.  But until that comment SYF quoted, I hadn’t heard anything along those lines.  Any Colorado fans around to offer some perspective?

Posted by Sadie from Ann Arbor, MI on 02/18/11 at 07:49 PM ET

SnLO's avatar

Any Colorado fans around to offer some perspective?

Posted by Sadie from Ann Arbor, MI on 02/18/11 at 05:49 PM ET

You might be waiting a long time for one of the five of them to respond.

Posted by SnLO from beyond the M-1 on 02/18/11 at 08:04 PM ET

He’s a frustrated Avs fan, Sadie, but it is an intriguing perspective.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/18/11 at 08:08 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

big time win by ottawa, but the avs at least made up for it by getting erik johnson later on

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/19/11 at 08:28 AM ET