Afternoon Line

Peter Chiarelli is holding a press conference right now...

added 2:12pm,

added 2:26pm,

added 3:09pm, Watch below as Chiarelli discusses the trade process...

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: peter+chiarelli

Comments

HasTheVoice.com's avatar

Time for a couple of famous sports clichés:
It ain’t over till it’s over.
It ain’t over till the fat lady sings.
Get it in writing…

Posted by HasTheVoice.com on 03/28/13 at 02:19 PM ET

@NHLRumorMillcom is showing Chiarelli as saying, “We all agreed to scratch our players.”

Jeebus, dude…

Posted by SYF from Zata's Epic Viking Beard on 03/28/13 at 02:20 PM ET

Chiarelli: These things happen all the time, more than you know.

Then why hold a press conference to cry about it?

Posted by Garth on 03/28/13 at 03:03 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Chiarelli: These things happen all the time, more than you know.
Then why hold a press conference to cry about it?

Posted by Garth on 03/28/13 at 03:03 PM ET

My thoughts exactly.  Maybe Melnyk will lend him his forensic team so he can find out exactly what went wrong and take it to Gary.

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 03:14 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Feaster says they had no deal, watch the TSN video.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/28/13 at 03:16 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Not sure what you are saying here Paul, because in the video you’ve linked to, Feaster clearly states that they had a deal set with Boston, but Iginla chose to nix that deal in favor of going to Pittsburgh.

And Feaster is in complete denial if he thinks the lockout has much to do with his team being as terrible as it is.

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 05:42 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Honestly Hoot, I briefly watched the video and probably got ahead of myself, two minutes in the box for delay of trade for me.

I also went by the headline from Sportsnet, which is a no no on my part.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/28/13 at 05:57 PM ET

Savage Henry's avatar

Does Chiarelli think that publicly wining about how it went down will make other GMs more likely to want to do business with him in the future?

Posted by Savage Henry on 03/28/13 at 06:16 PM ET

Hootinani's avatar

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/28/13 at 05:57 PM ET

It happens.  I had to watch the video twice myself just to make sure I heard it right.

Posted by Hootinani on 03/28/13 at 06:42 PM ET