Afternoon Line

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Non-NHL Hockey, International Hockey, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mike+babcock, steve+yzerman, team+canada

Comments

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Eh, I wouldn’t trust Jack Todd to pick his own nose, let alone Team Canada’s coach & GM.

Truth be told though… he may not be wrong.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 03/24/13 at 01:02 PM ET

perfection's avatar

really? i won’t speak for Stevie as I don’t know that much about his recent management decisions, but I think Babs is the biggest reason our undermanned team continues to be right in the hunt, doing better or even with several teams that look better on paper. He’s gotten the most out of our young players this season, a definite sign of good coaching. Also, all of our defensive question marks have basically overachieved this season. Despite the predictable hurdles, Babs has had to actually Coach this season, probably for the first time since his Anaheim days.

and I’m sure the team Canada players would take him in a heartbeat.

Posted by perfection from LaLaLand on 03/24/13 at 01:34 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

I don’t do the twitter thing…..am I supposed to know who jack todd is???

Posted by Down River Dan on 03/24/13 at 01:40 PM ET

Paul's avatar

DRD, just click his name in the embedded tweet, you can read his profile even though you are not on Twitter.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 03/24/13 at 01:42 PM ET

w2j2's avatar

Montreal Gazette columnist. Born in Nebraska. Novelist, leftist, memoirist, columnist, sportswriter, stay-home dad.

In other words, “Jack Todd” , if he really exists,  has never done anything, nor does he now do anything.

grrr

Posted by w2j2 on 03/24/13 at 02:06 PM ET

TeamDub's avatar

The “leftist” kinda gave it away…

Posted by TeamDub from The gratch. on 03/24/13 at 02:13 PM ET

He leaves out “draft dodger” and “former American” from his profile.

Posted by timbits on 03/24/13 at 02:19 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

While I don’t agree he’s getting “the most” out of our younger guys (I’d say there’s as much case to be made for over-ripening them and kids just being ready, right?), I do agree that a different coach melts down.  Even if I disagree with what he does, he’s at least trying to be proactive.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 03/24/13 at 02:46 PM ET

IMO, all you would have had to have said was that he’s a columnist in Montreal. That should say everything you need to know about the guy. That he’s a draft dodger just add to his list of qualities.

Posted by teldar on 03/24/13 at 04:29 PM ET

NHLJeff's avatar

I despise the Red Wings, but Babcock is a great coach. This guy is clearly full of it.

Posted by NHLJeff from Pens fan in Chicago, IL on 03/24/13 at 04:37 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

Awesome! Jerks are bringing their culture war themes and memes into a hockey forum again! I was wondering what we’d do without Tim Thomas infecting the sport this year.
SMFH

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 03/25/13 at 07:20 AM ET

Jack Todd may live in Montreal but trust me, he sure as hell doesn’t represent Montreal.  He’s probably more hated here than anywhere else, if only because we’re more exposed to his drivel.

Posted by dwgs on 03/25/13 at 08:47 AM ET