Afternoon Line

Filed in: NHL Teams, Winnipeg Jets, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: evander+kane

Comments

Evilpens's avatar

Kane also asks everyone who “perceives” him as Black if they still beat their wife smile

Posted by Evilpens on 02/13/13 at 04:24 PM ET

Laran's avatar

Actually Kane you’re perceived the way you are because you continue to say stupid things like this to the media. Always comes off as a bit of a “me before the team” headcase.

Posted by Laran on 02/13/13 at 05:14 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

I actually loved the kid until I saw him posin’ with his stacks of cash during the lockout while everyday ops and business owners were struggling or laid off at the time.

His knockout of Matt Cooke made me an instant fan.

His stupid comments and pics instantly undid that.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 02/13/13 at 05:28 PM ET

Heh.  On hfboards.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 02/13/13 at 05:33 PM ET

Luongo-is-my-hero's avatar

mike commodore has done worse, lol

Posted by Luongo-is-my-hero on 02/13/13 at 06:08 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I have a very hard time imagining that a white Evander Kane takes as much criticism from the Winnipeg press.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/13/13 at 06:52 PM ET

I agree, I am also not convinced that the treatment of Ray Emery in Ottawa and Subban in MTL is solely based on their so called “bad attitudes”.

Posted by timbits on 02/13/13 at 11:34 PM ET

I have a hard time imagining that a white Phil Kessel shaving his favorite record label into his head takes less heat from the Toronto media than black Evander Kane did from the Winnipeg media for doing the same thing.

There’s a guy in this sport who I feel deals with a lot of strife due to nothing other than his skin color. He’s been harassed out of a team in Europe. Had bananas thrown at him in Montreal and had other players call him racist words on the ice. That player is Wayne Simmonds.

Everything Kane has been criticized for is something he earned criticism for.

Posted by larry on 02/14/13 at 12:08 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

Everything Kane has been criticized for is something he earned criticism for.

Like when he wasn’t in Winnipeg the day after it was announced the lockout was ending, despite him being one of four or five Jets players who didn’t show up immediately?

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/14/13 at 12:39 AM ET

Not a good comparison, Kessel can’t walk across the street without being criticized in TO.

Posted by timbits on 02/14/13 at 12:57 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 02/13/13 at 06:52 PM ET

I agree, but I think it is to a small degree. A lot of the seemingly extra and absurd criticism of Kane is also because he’s considered one of their best players, and their star forward of the future. So regardless of his skin color, he’s going to be held to a higher standard on his “star player” expectations alone.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 02/14/13 at 08:57 AM ET