Afternoon Line

How bad are things in Columbus for this season?

They’re selling buy one, get one free tickets for a visit by the Detroit Red Wings on opening night. And a free shirt. And a free hot dog. And a free soda. And free popcorn.

-Greg Wyshynski of Puck Daddy where you can read more on the Blue Jackets ticket situation.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Columbus Blue Jackets, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Chris in Hockey Hell's avatar

And it will probably end up being a 75/25 Red Wing fan split.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 01/15/13 at 06:53 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

And it will probably end up being a 75/25 Red Wing fan split.

Posted by Chris in Hockey Hell from Ann Arbor, MI but LIVING in Columbia, TN on 01/15/13 at 05:53 PM ET

Just like Phoenix. AKA “Hockeytown-West”

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/15/13 at 07:20 PM ET

ChowYunCat's avatar

Murph will be happy.  I wish people would stop putting down Phoenix.  I saw Game 4 of the last sweep and the Phoenix fans and personnel were great even after the last period ended.  This is despite me yelling “Doan, you goon!” over and over again.

Posted by ChowYunCat on 01/15/13 at 07:36 PM ET

redxblack's avatar

They’re also calling my house for this single game deal. Usually they only call to sell packages or season tickets. Desperate!!

Posted by redxblack from Akron Ohio on 01/15/13 at 07:45 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

I wish people would stop putting down Phoenix.

I am not putting down Phoenix. I lived there for 13 years. I was grateful that there was an NHL team in town. I attended many games, not just Wing’s games, and, came to the conclusion that the much maligned Coyotes are strangers in a strange land.

Lets Go Red Wings!!!!!

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 01/15/13 at 08:03 PM ET

Joe Z.'s avatar

beautiful!

Posted by Joe Z. from Austria on 01/16/13 at 03:17 AM ET

Vladimir16's avatar

Posted by ChowYunCat on 01/15/13 at 06:36 PM ET

I don’t think people are putting down Phoenix as a city or their fans. It’s just that they’re annoyed at the league for keeping a team there that hasn’t/won’t make money and the teams making money keep them a float. i.e. “My $100 Canucks ticket might only be $85 if we didn’t have to support a failed Bettman plan”.

Posted by Vladimir16 from Grand River Valley on 01/16/13 at 09:02 AM ET