Afternoon Line

“Players want to play. Owners want to play. Managers, coaches, everybody wants to play. So let’s get it figured out and let’s get playing.”

-Mike Babcock, head coach of the Detroit Red Wings.  More from Babcock by Mark Spector of Sportsnet.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Detroit Red Wings, NHL Talk, NHLPA, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: mike+babcock

Comments

When Evander Kane heard of the NHL’s latest cancellations, he got on his money bidet and took a pic of himself french-kissing gold bricks.
Adam Proteau@Proteau

I chuckled.

Posted by SYF from The Revenge of Johnny E on 12/21/12 at 05:26 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

I guess this has all just been a misunderstanding.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 12/21/12 at 05:55 PM ET

I’m pretty sure they all don’t want to play.

I know this because they aren’t playing.

When they all want to play, they’ll play.

Posted by HockeyinHD on 12/21/12 at 06:46 PM ET

Stevis's avatar

I’d say Bettman’s the only one leading his cohort to suicide.  They’re the ones who put the locks on the doors.

Posted by Stevis on 12/22/12 at 01:06 PM ET

starsfan26's avatar

Right, because Fehr is such a reasonable guy and has no blame in this.

I agree with HockeyHD’s (seriously) point he made a while ago, that the NHLPA has already lost the money they are now fighting to get back.

Posted by starsfan26 on 12/22/12 at 01:30 PM ET

starsfan26's avatar

“Players want to play. Owners want to play.

No and no.  It’s all about “winning” at this point.  Although I’m still not sure how either side “wins” this current lockout.

Posted by starsfan26 on 12/22/12 at 01:34 PM ET

tuxedoTshirt's avatar

Right, because Fehr is such a reasonable guy and has no blame in this.

Obviously a reasonable dude would have been bullied into a deal by now.

Posted by tuxedoTshirt from the Home of the 1937 World Champions on 12/22/12 at 04:02 PM ET