Afternoon Line

“I think with the diving, with the embellishment, I think it really detracts from the game. The players that were on the competition committee felt the same way. There’s really strong sentiment from both sides to do something about it.”

“I think they’re incumbent upon us to put in place. It’s not about really embarrassing the player, it’s about making it a better game.”

“It can become a bit of an epidemic. We want to make sure that it’s something that we can make the players know who’s doing it and I think they’d feel guilty about it.”

-Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli.  Read more from Amalie Benjamin of the Boston Globe plus other topics too.

Filed in: NHL Teams, NHL Talk, NHL Officiating, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: peter+chiarelli

Comments

TreKronor's avatar

-Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli.

Did Boston’s GM really say that???

Posted by TreKronor on 06/12/14 at 01:44 PM ET

Did Boston’s GM really say that???

Posted by TreKronor on 06/12/14 at 02:44 PM ET

LOL I thought the same exact thing

Posted by George0211 on 06/12/14 at 01:56 PM ET

George Malik's avatar

When I told Paul about this story I said “Peter Chiarelli (Krejci’s GM)” on purpose. This is pot calling the kettle black, big time.

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 06/12/14 at 01:57 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

wink You can add Chicago and Pittsburgh to the diving team.

Posted by bigfrog on 06/12/14 at 06:35 PM ET

Mistercristo's avatar

Here’s your classic Boston lack of self-awareness, starting at the top.  If Julien is the star of “Embellishment City”, what would Chiarelli’s video be called?  “Embarrassment City”?

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 06/12/14 at 06:42 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

This is hilarious coming from Boston’s GM.  I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 06/13/14 at 09:35 AM ET