Afternoon Line- Seth Rorabaugh

Once upon a time, the All-Star Game, when it was still just one game, was a much bigger and anticipated event. Now, it almost feels like little more than an interruption in the schedule.

-Seth Rorabaugh of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review where you can read more on this topic.

Filed in: NHL Teams, NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Spoken like every adult fan who loved the ASG as a kid and has now grown out of it and refuses to acknowledge that the ASG is and always has been for young fans.

I mean cripes, do you really think that the all-stars are donning goofy hats and costumes during the breakaway challenge in order to entertain your middle-aged ass, Seth? Or do you think it’s maybe to entertain children?

Yeah, let’s cancel the ASG because as adults we don’t care anymore. Let’s also start a petition to cancel all children’s programming on TV.

Heck, I’m an adult and I don’t care about it, therefore it shouldn’t exist. Right?

Posted by BaromirBragr on 01/24/20 at 02:56 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

I never liked the ASG as a kid. I don’t like it now.

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 01/24/20 at 03:53 PM ET

SauceBoss's avatar

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 01/24/20 at 02:53 PM ET

Same.

Posted by SauceBoss on 01/24/20 at 04:40 PM ET

SauceBoss's avatar

Posted by BaromirBragr on 01/24/20 at 01:56 PM ET

You’re comparing a multi billion dollar children’s programming industry with a sporting event that only a few million people watch once a year?

Try again.

Posted by SauceBoss on 01/24/20 at 04:43 PM ET

Alan's avatar

I can’t say I loved the All Star Game as a kid. However, when I was younger, and up until this nonsense we have now, it was at least watchable. These days, I might have it on as background noise, but nothing more.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 01/24/20 at 06:38 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Blah. tongue rolleye

Posted by bigfrog on 01/24/20 at 09:13 PM ET

Baseball & basketball lend themselves to an all-star game format far more than hockey does (and football is even worse)

Posted by EthrDemon on 01/25/20 at 04:01 AM ET