Afternoon Line- Radko Gudas

via Roman Jedlicka tweets,

#Flyers D Leo (Radko) Gudas about his hit for TV NOVA, Czech republic: "My hands were down. I tried my best not to give a reason to anyone for (1)

bringing me to Supplementaly Discipline. This is my style of hockey and as long as they want me to play like this, i will." (2)

If you missed his hit last night, watch below and the NHL has decided no further action needed...

added 12:41pm,

Filed in: NHL Teams, Philadelphia Flyers, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: radko+gudas

Comments

WingsFanInBeanLand's avatar

How Kronwall got suspended for a playoff game and this even more brutal hit getting nothing is bewildering.

What a steaming pile the NHL is.

Posted by WingsFanInBeanLand from where free agents no longer dare. on 02/12/16 at 01:57 PM ET

Flyers were winning 5-1 with three and a half to play.  It was an unnecessary play to make.

What a stupid guy.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 02/12/16 at 02:06 PM ET

What a steaming pile the NHL is.

It was an unnecessary play to make.

What a stupid guy.

Stop watching hockey. That’s a surefire way to guarantee that you’ll never have to see people on skates hit other people on skates. It will also give others a reprieve from your pissing and moaning.

Posted by godblender on 02/12/16 at 03:03 PM ET

Primis's avatar

I can’t wait until someone lines up Voracek, severely concusses him again,and the Flyers suddenly will be all about player safety and eliminating those hits.  Bonus points if Voracek gets taken out in a meaningless portion of the game.

F#$% the Flyers, and f#$% anyone who defends that Gudas hit.

Posted by Primis on 02/12/16 at 03:03 PM ET

Mistercristo's avatar

Posted by Primis on 02/12/16 at 02:03 PM ET

I’m gonna disagree with you, so I guess that automatically makes me wrong, but it looks like Abdelkader’s hit on Barkov.

F#$% me, right?

“F#$% anyone who defends that Gudas hit”, but you “can’t wait until someone lines up Voracek, severely concusses him again”?

F#$% you too.

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 02/12/16 at 04:14 PM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

Looked clean to me. Hard hit, but wasn’t directed at the head and it is part of hockey.

Don’t know why you have to say f’ck everyone who doesn’t agree with you.

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Denver CO on 02/12/16 at 05:14 PM ET

von Awesome's avatar

Stupid unnecessary hit, in the same vein as the Abdelkader hit on Barkov, but much much worse. I don’t think anyone wants hitting gone in the game, and the assinine argument some of you are making is a Straw man. Get real. If this was your child, family, or friend getting destroyed, your sentiments would be completely different.

Posted by von Awesome on 02/12/16 at 06:32 PM ET