Afternoon Line- Jeremy Jacobs

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, NHL Talk, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: jeremy+jacobs

Comments

Rarely do I find myself agreeing with Jacobs, but in this case I do.

Posted by Steve1306 on 10/09/18 at 12:44 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

You know, it’s funny.  Just about every owner is only concerned (at least publicly) with their own team and it’s success.  Jacobs spends a lot of time worrying about the rest of the league and country.

Posted by TreKronor on 10/09/18 at 02:20 PM ET

Mr. Fnytelhatt's avatar

Well he’s got a big heart; it has room for everybody.

Posted by Mr. Fnytelhatt on 10/09/18 at 03:35 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Well he’s got a big heart; it has room for everybody.

Haha reminds me of my wife.  She’ll ask me, “why did so and so do that?” and I’m always like, “look, I’m having a hard enough time living my own life…I don’t need to figure other people out too!”

Posted by TreKronor on 10/09/18 at 03:40 PM ET

Down River Dan's avatar

If you think lil Gary actually runs this league, your wrong. nothing takes place with this league without Jacobs approval…. confused

Posted by Down River Dan on 10/09/18 at 03:41 PM ET

Doesn’t Jacobs have some sort of financial stake in the Houston area? This isn’t the first time he’s pushed for Houston and he’s not been supportive of non-traditional hockey markets.

Posted by evileye on 10/09/18 at 03:57 PM ET

Expansion is a money grab.  Quebec needs a team and get The coyotes out of Arizona.

Posted by SevensForTed on 10/09/18 at 09:34 PM ET

I’m always a bit surprised for some reason how huge and diverse
a city Houston really is. A friend who lives there says it flies below the radar a bit
because it’s not the traditional destination or hub other cities of that size and
many that are smaller tend to be. Unless there is a Superbowl there or something,
it’s not drawing national attention. The last even that did was the awful flooding
and the way people there came together.

I have no idea if enough people there care about hockey or would.
The weather sounds about as bad as you can get for trying to maintain good ice.

Finally, Jeremy Jacobs is a pretty repulsive figure and it’s hard not to reflexively
object to whatever he supports. And yeah, the owners seem drunk on expansion fees.

Posted by Lefty30 on 10/09/18 at 09:50 PM ET