Afternoon Line- Gerard Gallant

added 3:20pm, More below...

Filed in: NHL Teams, San Jose Sharks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Red Winger's avatar

Nice, a little spice added to tonight’s game seven!

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 04/23/19 at 03:12 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Hard to imagine who’s correct, if either of them.  A lot of things get said in the heat of the moment that people don’t remember saying.

But for Couture to go talking about what’s being said out there…not cool.

Posted by TreKronor on 04/23/19 at 03:42 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

I loved Gallant as a Redwing and I love ‘em as a coach.  He is all Hockey Heart! Plus I hate the Sharks for the cheap shots they took on Franzen and Pavel. They can burn in Hockey Hell all I care.  cool grin

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 04/23/19 at 04:24 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

Wait? Gallant chirping players? The same Gallant who would take stupid cross checking penalties when we were down by a goal with less than a minute left? That Gallant? Shocked.

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 04/23/19 at 04:42 PM ET

Steve in San Francisco's avatar

Spuddy hasn’t stopped whining about EVERY call this whole series. Never liked him as a Wing (tho Stevie did for some reason), but he’s been a good coach everywhere he’s been. Just wish he quit the constant bitching.

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 04/23/19 at 07:10 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 04/23/19 at 04:

I didn’t realize you.were old enough to.watch him.play!

But yeah that guy. The guy also kept the flies off when probert was in a drug induces haze ( God rest his soul).

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 04/23/19 at 07:35 PM ET

MurrayChadwick's avatar

I didn’t realize you.were old enough to.watch him

Yep speaking of Big Bob, have you seen tough guy?

As a fan of the guy it was a real tough watch,wished I hadn’t seen it kinda like the wings brass back then.  There was the big 3 border bust motorcycle and the drinking night before a playoff game but man I either forgot Or just ignored how bad it really was. Can’t imagine any player in today’s game being able to even warmup under the influence

Posted by MurrayChadwick from YzerGod's pixie dust fueled bandwagon on 04/23/19 at 08:00 PM ET

Steve in San Francisco's avatar

...drinking night before a playoff game…

Posted by MurrayChadwick

The story I remember hearing at the time was that Probie and Klima (maybe others) were at a bar in Edmonton the night before a game (game 7, I’m pretty sure) and some Oilers fans recognized them and started hanging out with them and buying them drinks. But man, they looked like death warmed over during the anthem that game. IIRC, that was also a Conference Final, which if the Wings would have won, they would have upset the Gretzky/Messier Oiler dynasty right in its heyday.

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 04/23/19 at 08:06 PM ET

Paul's avatar

The Probert movie will hit streaming services I believe on May 7th.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/23/19 at 08:07 PM ET

Steve in San Francisco's avatar

The Probert movie will hit streaming services I believe on May 7th.

Any news on which one(s) Paul?

Posted by Steve in San Francisco on 04/23/19 at 08:09 PM ET

Paul's avatar

SSF,

Available on the following VOD platforms:

- iTunes
- Amazon
- Google Play
- Vudu
- Xbox
- Fandango Now
- DIRECTV
- Dish Network
- Local Cable Providers

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 04/23/19 at 08:11 PM ET

ilovehomers's avatar

I also recommend. It was all pretty much new to me, as I only got to see Probie fight via youtube. Tough watch if you have any emotional connection to addiction or the family.

Posted by ilovehomers on 04/23/19 at 08:38 PM ET

damndog revenge   From the bowels of Detroit's avatar

Posted by MurrayChadwick from Holland Hate Hyperbole Town (HHHT) on 04/23/19 at 08:00 PM

I did. I saw at.the war memorial in grosse pointe. Pretty good. I like the book better.

Probert gallant and yzerman we’re my favorite players during that time. Probert and crew broke my heart during the goose loonies incident but I forgave them.

Those damn opiates take.so.many people down. Same with alcohol.

I bounced in bars.while.at Wayne State and meet most the redwings from that period. Probert could be cool.or a dick but I still loved him.as a player. I actually shed tears when I found out he died. Sad to see people fight those.demons. even tougher when you are a hockey rockstar.

Posted by damndog revenge From the bowels of Detroit on 04/23/19 at 09:19 PM ET