Afternoon Line- Brad Marchand

"I have tried extremely hard over the last four years to get away from the reputation I've had. I think I've done an extremely good job at that. I know early on I crossed over the line a lot of times. It's unfortunate that continues to haunt me."

"I feel I've completely transformed myself from the player I was to a player that should be respected in this league for his abilities. I understand completely the history that I have. I just was hoping they would have seen past that. Obviously that wasn't the case."

-Brad Marchand iva Fluto Shinzawa tweets.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Boston Bruins, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Boo frickity hoo.

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 11/30/21 at 02:12 PM ET

“I realize I’ve been a douche for the majority of my career, but it hurts me that you can’t overlook that and give me the respect I crave now that I’m only a part-time douche.”

Posted by Moose Moss on 11/30/21 at 02:20 PM ET

Well done Moose!

Posted by pnwwing on 11/30/21 at 02:32 PM ET

In the very early 1960s, Stan Mikita was a real hothead, drawing tons of penalties. He changed his tune, cut his penalties way down, and in 1963-64 was the points leader in the entire NHL, ahead of team mate Bobby Hull, Jean Beliveau, etc.

Bottom line—Just look at the tape of the slew foot on OEL from Sunday. He hasn’t learned a damn thing.

As they say in French: plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose. (The more things change, the more they stay the same)

Posted by exor54 on 11/30/21 at 02:33 PM ET

TreKronor's avatar

Oh, so HE’S the victim….

Posted by TreKronor on 11/30/21 at 02:49 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

“I have tried extremely hard over the last four years to get away from the reputation I’ve had.”

Try harder, a-hole.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 11/30/21 at 03:26 PM ET

Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit's avatar

‘Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.’- Poe

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/21 at 05:06 PM ET

Rumbear's avatar

Stan Makita… Right on Exor54!  All that and a Donut Shop to boot…..wink

Perhaps Marchand could open a Donut Shop….....

Posted by Rumbear from Top O the Hasek, sing along The YzerMan Can!...... on 11/30/21 at 05:19 PM ET

bigfrog's avatar

Part of the reason he changed is when Gordie knocked him out after one of Mikita’s temper tantrum’s. LOL

Posted by bigfrog on 11/30/21 at 06:40 PM ET

Alan's avatar

Reputations follow you. It’s not just a hockey thing, either.

He earned his bad reputation, and earned his suspension. It’s unfortunate for him that he chose to go down that dark path, but there’s nothing he can do to change the outcome now.

Posted by Alan from Atlanta on 11/30/21 at 06:58 PM ET

Steeb's avatar

When people show you who they are, believe them. -Maya Anjelou

Posted by Steeb on 11/30/21 at 07:35 PM ET

‘Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.’- Poe

Posted by Kate from PA now in SC-made in Detroit on 11/30/21 at 04:06 PM ET

I always attributed that to Bruce Lee, but now I see that it is from Poe’s short story “The System of Dr. Tarr and Prof. Fether.”

Posted by SYF from impossible and oddly communally possessive sluts on 11/30/21 at 08:30 PM ET