A New Home for JJ Right Here at KK

He could not wait and truthfully, neither could I.

Please welcome Jon to the KK family of bloggers. -Paul

JJ at KK…

Sure has a ring to it, no?

Allow myself to introduce… Myself…

For those that aren’t already familiar, I’m happy to join the team at Kukla’s Korner after three years of covering the Tampa Bay Lightning at HockeyBuzz.com. I was fortunate enough to establish a loyal and passionate following in my time there, as well as to earn the respect of the organization on the basis of my work and can only hope to see that grow here at my new home.

Along with continued coverage of the Bolts, my work here at KK will also largely center around the Southeast Division’s other four clubs and I will chime in on leaguewide issues from time to time as well.

If you’ve been reading me for some time, you know to expect an honest and impartial opinion from a passionate hockey mind. I don’t hold back (with few exceptions) and, while that may have led me to trouble, oh, once or twice in the past, I’ve found that it’s that very approach that has drawn readers to my work, regardless of subject matter, over the years.

(A special note to fans of the Atlanta Thrashers, Carolina Hurricanes, Florida Panthers and Washington Capitals – and to the clubs themselves: Don’t let my geographic location lead you to any conclusions. My coverage was never of the homer/fan variety when the Bolts were my sole responsibility and it certainly won’t be now.)

In short, I aim to tell it like it is. And I do hope the vast majority can appreciate that. (That goes for you too, Lightning faithful that have accompanied me to my new locale!)

We’ll kick things off officially in September with the new blog (which is without a title, presently and, yes, I will be glad to take suggestions!) In the interim, I’ll be stopping by, in guest fashion, to get my feet wet a bit and get comfortable in my new surroundings. Later this week, I’ll take a statistical look back at the Southeast’s best individual players from last season as a bit of a primer for the upcoming 2010-11 campaign.

Between now and then, please feel free to drop me a line however you like. Comments, tweets (@JonJordan) and emails (jjordan79@tampabay.rr.com) are all welcome. I have always made it a point to do my absolute best to respond to every message and very much look forward to interacting with readers, new and old!

Thanks for dropping by today, thanks in advance (I hope) for having me and I look forward to bringing you the best Southeast Division coverage that I possibly can for 2010-11 and beyond.

JJ

JJ on Twitter
jjordan79@tampabay.rr.com

Filed in: | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: southeast+division

Comments

Paul's avatar

Just and FYI, Jon will have a his own blog come September, but in the meantime, he will be posting on the KK Hockey section.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/02/10 at 07:49 PM ET

Tony's avatar

Jon, congrats and welcome aboard… Looking forward to working with you….

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 08/02/10 at 07:53 PM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

I suppose I could have made that more clear huh, Paul?

And thanks, Tony! I appreciate that.

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 08/02/10 at 07:55 PM ET

Paul's avatar

No worries Jon, I just mentioned for people like me, those who read the first three sentences…

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 08/02/10 at 07:59 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

Welcome To KK’s JJ !!

Posted by Evilpens on 08/02/10 at 08:16 PM ET

Baroque's avatar

Problem with a team name like Lightning is that I would guess all the obvious names have already been taken, like “Bolts from the Blue” or “Lightning Flashes” or such. A new name will be tricky.

At least you have a while to come up with something appropriate. smile

Posted by Baroque from Michigan on 08/02/10 at 08:58 PM ET

Tony's avatar

I believe Jon’s going to be covering the entire Southeast Division….

This could get ugly in here… wink

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 08/02/10 at 08:59 PM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Thanks, evilpens!

Baroque, you’re right about names for a Bolts blog but, since I’m encompassing all of the Southeast Division, the blog title will reflect as much.

I have something in mind but I’m soliciting the public to complete my due diligence. Thanks!

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 08/02/10 at 09:04 PM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Tony,

BTW, I plan on getting up to Norfolk some time this season to visit the people with the Admirals that have taken such good care of me over the last few seasons… Perhaps we can cross paths for something like that!

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 08/02/10 at 09:05 PM ET

Tony's avatar

Sure, maybe you could plan it so the Baby Pens are in town so I have some interest in the game !!

Posted by Tony from Virginia Beach, VA on 08/02/10 at 09:07 PM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

We’ll see!

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 08/02/10 at 09:13 PM ET

Chris from NOHS's avatar

Welcome!

You don’t have feel dirty here everytime you post like at the former home.

I think you’ll enjoy yourself.

Chris

Posted by Chris from NOHS from Columbus, OH/Grand Rapids, MI on 08/02/10 at 09:15 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

congrats Jon, look forward to reading your stuff bro.

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/02/10 at 09:58 PM ET

PuckStopsHere's avatar

JJ

Welcome to Kukla’s.  I am sure you will find this a much better place to be than Hockeybuzz.

Good luck

Posted by PuckStopsHere on 08/02/10 at 10:03 PM ET

Curtis Tudor's avatar

Congratulations John

I really enjoy what you have done, look forward to reading your stuff on KK!

Posted by Curtis Tudor from Kingston, Ontario on 08/02/10 at 10:07 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Welcome Jon Jordan.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 08/02/10 at 10:19 PM ET

Muero's avatar

Suggestion for blog title: Yzerman’s Division

Posted by Muero on 08/02/10 at 10:22 PM ET

Nate A's avatar

Howabout:  “There’s Ice Here?!?”

I keed, I keed. We in Detroit (even if its only in spirit) will be watching the Bolts closely this season. Welcome, and best of luck.

Posted by Nate A from Detroit-ish on 08/02/10 at 10:41 PM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome and, yes, I am VERY happy to be here.

Muero, we’ll see how long it takes until SY stakes that claim officially!!!

Again, thanks to all. I can’t wait to REALLY get started.

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 08/02/10 at 11:25 PM ET

VooX's avatar

Welcome, Jon, I hope you scrubbed with lye to rid yourself of Dwayne Keith Klessel’s site.  Kuklas Korner has its own poorly researched and imagination based blog too, just like Klessel’s own, it’s called A2Y.  We don’t charge a subscription fee, drop by and join the 19 anytime.

Posted by VooX from Behind the Bar in the Hasek Club Car on 08/03/10 at 12:15 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I read the title and got confused.

Welcome to KK, from J.J. to JJ.  Look forward to reading your stuff!

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 08/03/10 at 01:04 AM ET

edillac's avatar

I have a suggestion for your blogs name : The second home,Stevie has a new home,you have it also,all of us here have KK as their second home on the web,and maybe hockey will establish a second home in the south now that Stevie is running the show in Tampa

Posted by edillac from isolation on 08/03/10 at 04:58 AM ET

Inglewood Jack's avatar

Welcome Jon.  I’ll take your word for it that there are “Thrashers’ Fans.”  smile

Posted by Inglewood Jack from first in line for curly fries on 08/03/10 at 09:29 AM ET

Nathan's avatar

Nice addition, I look forward to hearing what our old friend Stevie Y. is up to on a regular basis! Best of luck and I’m excited to read your stuff.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 08/03/10 at 09:47 AM ET

Congrats and good luck!  I look forward to getting some more coverage about the Southeast on here.

Posted by pens fan in baltimore on 08/03/10 at 10:02 AM ET

IwoCPO's avatar

Welcome Jon.

Posted by IwoCPO from Sunny San Diego, bitches on 08/03/10 at 10:09 AM ET

Aphaea's avatar

Welcome to the Empire, JJ.

Posted by Aphaea on 08/03/10 at 10:12 AM ET

Jon Jordan's avatar

Thanks again, all.

I promise I’m clean, VooX, glad you use the periods in your initials, J.J., promise to identify as many Thrashers fans as possible, Inglewood Jack and will definitely keep you posted on SY’s every move, Nathan (well, for the most part, that is…)

JJ

Posted by Jon Jordan from Tampa, FL on 08/03/10 at 10:18 AM ET

Leo_Racicot's avatar

Welcome, Jon.  Looking forward to reading your work!

Posted by Leo_Racicot on 08/03/10 at 11:28 AM ET