A Get Well Message

I had heard through the grapevine a few weeks ago that Eric Duhatschek, the fine columnist for the Globe and Mail was ill.

I have been able to exchange a few emails with him and am happy to report he is now home recovering from major chest surgery.

On this Canadian Thanksgiving weekend he is thankful for the fact that he is out of hospital and survived a very challenging month of September.  Things could have been a lot worse.

If you feel like leaving a message for him, leave a comment below and I will make sure to pass them on to him.

Filed in: NHL Media, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Get well soon!  We need your expert analysis in the game of hockey.  smile

Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted by Renee from Orchard Park, NY on 10/08/11 at 06:07 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Happy Thanksgiving, Eric. So glad to hear you’re home and getting better.  smile

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 10/08/11 at 06:10 PM ET

Lyle Richardson's avatar

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Eric. Looking forward to your return.

Posted by Lyle Richardson on 10/08/11 at 06:10 PM ET

Get well soon Eric.  Can’t wait to hear your insights once you’re back.

Posted by Mike Adams on 10/08/11 at 06:16 PM ET

Get well soon, Eric. You are one of the best in the industry and we are all looking forward to your return to covering the game we all know and love.

~ Patrick Hoffman

Posted by Patrick Hoffman from Fairfield, CT on 10/08/11 at 08:51 PM ET

Eric- so sorry to hear about surgery, but glad you are home and recovering. Best wishes to you!

We miss your HHOF writing and journalism. Hope you come back stronger than ever.

Cheers, Richard Henry Yarbo

Posted by Richard Henry Yarbo from calgary on 10/09/11 at 01:11 AM ET

Mr. Duhatschek,

Your reporting and writing on hockey are top notch. I’m sad to hear that you needed surgery but extremely glad that you are recovering. All the best and hope to see you back on the beat soon smile.

Cheers from a long-time fan in Calgary

Posted by Iggy_Rules on 10/09/11 at 02:16 AM ET

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Eric. You’re one of the most entertaining and insightful hockey writers in captivity.

Posted by Dirk Hoag from United States on 10/09/11 at 10:55 AM ET

Positive vibes coming your way.  I really enjoy your work and hope you get back to it soon.

Posted by loojay on 10/09/11 at 11:06 AM ET

Best wishes Eric. Been missing on you Hotstove since they went to the desk with Pillsbury et al. Now no Pierre either.

Posted by Hank L on 10/09/11 at 11:12 AM ET

Eric
hope you are well on the road to recovery &will; be back on the job soon.  Enjoy your commentary and analysis of the NHL and always liked it when you were on the HNIC Hotstove
Look forward to reading your column soon as this has been a crazy start to the season already
a fan in Michigan

Posted by howie young from up north on 10/09/11 at 12:58 PM ET

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to good health.
Missed your picks for my hockey pool - will have to see how I do without them…..
Looking forward to your future writings.

Posted by Bill from Saskatoon on 10/10/11 at 01:19 PM ET

Hi Eric-

Very glad to hear you are on the mend!

I miss your insight, first class analysis, and very much look forward to your return to all things puck.

Only The Best!

-Patrick Lawton.

Posted by Patrick Lawton from Canada on 10/15/11 at 08:54 PM ET

Dear Eric…I am very pleased to learn that you are recovering well and hope to be reading your columns again very soon…Not only have you consistently provided excellent and thoughtful hockey analysis (as well as great tennis articles), but you are a gentleman…How do I know this? I emailed you on the day of the HHOF announcements and you responded within a couple of hours - even though this must have been an extremely busy day for you…Made me realize that if someone as busy as you could email a total stranger within a few hours, I needed to ditch the guy I was dating as he couldn’t respond to my email within a few days…So thanks for the reality check and here’s to your speedy recovery smile  Robyn

Posted by Robyn from Toronto on 10/24/11 at 02:04 PM ET

Eric:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery - your insight into the game is missed by a lot of us.

K

Posted by karim from Calgary on 10/27/11 at 04:01 PM ET

I don’t know if you’ll see this Paul, but I googled Eric out of curiosity tonight because I miss his notebook. This post of yours is what came up. I hope he’s up and at it soon, because he’s great to read.

Posted by dzuunmod on 11/02/11 at 04:40 AM ET