A Few Questions

Why does VERSUS continue to do interviews while the game is being played?

If I bet on who will win the Stanley Cup, I’d think more of Edmonton and less of Calgary after last night’s game.  But if we are talking just Canadian teams, Vancouver would be my favorite.

Will we ever see a goalie as a captain of an NHL team again?

Is the goalie equipment change even visable?

Filed in: NHL Teams, NHL Talk, NHL Media, Hockey Broadcasting, CBC HNIC, d, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Nathan's avatar

Center Ice really needs to provide more HD. Though to be fair to inDemand, it isn’t really all under their control. It’s probably easy enough for them to provide it, but then the service providers like Cablevision, Comcast, Time Warner, Dish, etc. have to make the space for it.

Since I moved out of Michigan, I really miss being able to see all the games in HD, but still, Jobu bless Center Ice, at least I get to see all the games still.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 10/08/10 at 11:55 AM ET

WingsFaninCO's avatar

Why does VERSUS continue to do interviews while the game is being played?

Glad I’m not the only one irritated by this.  Versus needs to get their head and their a$$ wired together.

Posted by WingsFaninCO on 10/08/10 at 12:00 PM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

I’d like to think that, but a lot of nights last season didn’t involve questionable headshots either.

I have a feeling it’s not Center Ice’s decision.  I know a few people around me who can’t get Center Ice because their cable systems don’t even carry it.  That said, I’d love more HD hockey.

When a Canadian team wins the cup again.  Then they’ll switch to ‘Ha! We told you it was OUR game!  We brought the Cup home!’ stories.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 10/08/10 at 12:12 PM ET

this is the first season since the lockout that i did not order center ice. as a cablevision customer i feel that watching hockey without HD is not worth putting out the money that they are asking for.

Why does VERSUS continue to do interviews while the game is being played?

i cant stand this, i also cant stand when they zoom in on a player who just made a play or is skating to the bench while play is still going on. why cant they wait until the whistle to zoom in and focus on those players.

in their 6th season you would hope they would figure this stuff out.

Posted by miked051 on 10/08/10 at 12:29 PM ET

Evilpens's avatar

When will some of the Canadian media stop with the ‘our game’ and ‘bring the Cup home’ stories? NEVER

Did anyone see any questionable headshots last night?  Maybe the players have finally received the message.  Nope

When will the trade talk start heating up again?  I say right around American Thanksgiving. Ask Ektard

Why won’t the people who run Center Ice get more bandwidth in order to provide US based fans the joy of watching HNIC in HD? very good question

Why does VERSUS continue to do interviews while the game is being played? Incompetence ?? LOL

Posted by Evilpens on 10/08/10 at 12:30 PM ET

hockeychic's avatar

I truly don’t understand this since I can get most games in HD but they will not do it for the HNIC ones that are not on NHL Network.  CBC has the best HD (I think) and it is a crime not to be able to see it.  You need HD alone for Don Cherry’s jacket last night.  smile

I can’t stand in game interviews in any sport.  The coach should be concentrating on the game and not on some inane questions.  It does not add anything to the broadcast.

Posted by hockeychic from Denver, CO on 10/08/10 at 02:25 PM ET

When will some of the Canadian media stop with the ‘our game’ and ‘bring the Cup home’ stories? - When a Canadian city ices a team comprised of nothing but European players and they win the Cup. Just so that they get what they want and still aren’t able to be satisfied.

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 10/08/10 at 03:25 PM ET

Primis's avatar

They’ll put more effort into the Center Ice when people stop buying it, and they’re forced to.

Otherwise as it stands right now, they’re getting your money with the effort they’re putting in.  As long as that remains the status quo, why should they invest more into it?

People are right, it’s not all CI’s fault, the individual carriers are to blame as well…

Posted by Primis on 10/08/10 at 04:00 PM ET

For those of us that live out of market from our favorite team its Center Ice or nothing. Compared to nothing, its a godsend. I lived long enough without HD, watching on a 19inch black and white and listening on radio that I’m not offended by standard def (of course HD on the 240Hz widscreen LED is my preference).

Posted by hockey1919 from mid-atlantic on 10/08/10 at 05:15 PM ET