A Birthday Present

Alanah of Canucks & Beyond celebrates her 29th birthday again this year and I have no idea what to give her.

I know “one more win” would make her happy, but I cannot provide nor will I provide that for the upcoming season.

Perhaps I shall just say “thank you” for all you do here at KK (right now we are in the process of training around 12 new bloggers with more to come) and it would not be same if you were not around.

Enjoy the evening!

Filed in: KK Website Business, NHL Media, Hockey Bloggers, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

Doug Miller's avatar

Happy birthday Alanah!

Thank you for all that you have done for me in my first month here at KK!

I really do appreciate it, as you have been a tremendous help to me at times.

Posted by Doug Miller from Wyandotte, MI on 08/22/11 at 10:01 PM ET

Happy Birthday Alanah!!!!  Thank you for being so patient with us crazy commenters. I would give you a virtual Canucks jersey with your choice of name on the back.

We are visiting downtown Vancouver in two days!  Any suggestions on places to..um..celebrate your birthday?

Posted by Frosty on 08/22/11 at 10:01 PM ET

EDJ's avatar

Happy Birthday Alanah!

Posted by EDJ on 08/22/11 at 10:09 PM ET

CPSLOgoalie31's avatar

One more win?  Too soon?

Happy Birthday!  Thanks (both of you) for all of your hard work!

Posted by CPSLOgoalie31 from San Luis Obispo, CA on 08/22/11 at 10:31 PM ET

HockeytownOverhaul's avatar

Happy b-day Alanah, definitely a role player and a “glue guy” in the KK locker room

Posted by HockeytownOverhaul on 08/22/11 at 10:49 PM ET

Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit's avatar

Happy Birthday Alanah!  And, many more 29s to come.

Posted by Kate from Pa.-made in Detroit on 08/22/11 at 10:51 PM ET

Lindas1st's avatar

Happy Birthday Alanah. I love that name, it always reminds me of this beatiful girl when I was in high school ... oh nevermind. Again - Happy Birthday Alanah.

Posted by Lindas1st from New England on 08/22/11 at 10:52 PM ET

Lisa McRitchie's avatar

Happy happy birthday Alanah! Thanks so much for all of your work you do around here that on the surface goes unnoticed. You’re a gem!

Posted by Lisa McRitchie on 08/22/11 at 10:54 PM ET

Lyle Richardson's avatar

Happy birthday, Alanah, all the best!

Posted by Lyle Richardson on 08/22/11 at 10:54 PM ET

Happy Birthday Alanah!  Thanks for all of your help and everything you have done for me with KK!

Posted by William Morrison on 08/22/11 at 10:57 PM ET

Happy birthday Alanah! Thanks for all your help for the first few weeks. Much appreciated! smile

Posted by David Pavlak on 08/22/11 at 11:57 PM ET

KelseyAnn's avatar

Happy Birthday Alanah! Enjoy your 29th wink

Posted by KelseyAnn from we have an NHL team here?, Arizona on 08/23/11 at 12:02 AM ET

George Malik's avatar

Alanah is apparently Vancouver Island slang for, “An invaluable part of the team.” Thank you for all your help and plain old being you, because we have at least one partisan fan here who embraces the fact that we are all quite crazy when it comes to hockey fandom. Happy birthday!

Posted by George Malik from South Lyon, MI on 08/23/11 at 12:04 AM ET

bezukov's avatar

Happy Birthday Alanah!

Posted by bezukov from the kids are alright. on 08/23/11 at 02:06 PM ET

Alanah McGinley's avatar

Wow, what a nice post and such nice comments from all of you… thank you so much!

As for turning 29… I’m getting lots of practice at this. One day, maybe I’ll be ready to embrace “30” wink

Posted by Alanah McGinley from British Columbia on 08/23/11 at 04:07 PM ET