A Shopping List For The Chicago Blackhawks

from Steve Rosenbloom of the Chicago Tribune,

I don’t know what the Blackhawks are going to do in free agency to fix their blown chance at another Stanley Cup, but because I’m a pleaser, not a teaser, I’m here to help with a list of 10 (mostly) unrestricted free agents:

- Center Joe Pavelski: OK, so he’s not an unrestricted free agent and is owed $30 million over the next five seasons, which would require a trade, but so what? I love the way this guy plays, and I’ll bet Patrick Kane does, too.

- Center Mike Santorelli: I always look at centers. This one isn’t much of a scorer, but he was a plus-player for a minus-27 Canucks team, won more than 50 percent of his faceoffs, and was a better player on the road than at home, which indicates poise and focus.

Filed in: NHL Teams, Chicago Blackhawks, | KK Hockey | Permalink

Comments

I get a popup window that says:

Don’t Miss a Play! To continue reading this PLUS story and more, you need to be a digital member. Choose an option below to continue. If you’re already registered just sign in below.

Every time I click on, “No, thanks,” it reverts back to the main or home page of ChiTrib.

Posted by SYF from the C7.R, flyin' low and feelin' mean on 06/10/14 at 10:16 AM ET

Paul's avatar

You may want to clear your cache and cookies SYF.  You are allowed only a certain amount of free views per month by the Tribune.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/10/14 at 10:17 AM ET

Not working here, Boss.  I even did a McAfee QuickClean (which even looks into and cleans Chrome’s browing history) to no avail.

No worries, though.

Posted by SYF from the C7.R, flyin' low and feelin' mean on 06/10/14 at 10:30 AM ET

SK77's avatar

It’s a “PLUS” story. I can’t read it either unless I sign up for an account.

Posted by SK77 on 06/10/14 at 10:32 AM ET

Paul's avatar

Sorry about the issues, I don’t have an account either so not sure what the problem is.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 06/10/14 at 10:37 AM ET

Primis's avatar

Same for me:  I never visit the site and it still gave me the popup and redirect.

Posted by Primis on 06/10/14 at 12:10 PM ET

awould's avatar

If you use Google Chrome, hit CTRL-SHIFT-N to go to incognito mode - a good way to bypass these “limited stories” news sites. I have no trouble viewing the article.

Posted by awould on 06/10/14 at 04:53 PM ET

It didn’t work for me, awould.

Not a big deal.  It’s Rosenbloom so he can take his hammer and shove it sideways up his turdcutter.

Posted by SYF from the C7.R, flyin' low and feelin' mean on 06/10/14 at 05:15 PM ET

awould's avatar

Posted by SYF from Zata’s Epic Viking Beard on 06/10/14 at 06:15 PM ET

Yeah, not that great really. I just like to see different takes on available players. The only one on the list that I’ve always coveted for Detroit is Pavelski. He’s a pain in the ass to play against, but he’s a hard worker and shows up in big games.

I also like Niskanen, even though his career has been up and down. He picked a great year to have a career season and hit the UFA market. He will be paid, deserved or not. I think he’d do good things in Detroit.

Posted by awould on 06/10/14 at 05:19 PM ET

awould's avatar

The blocker might be a geographic thing… I’m in Phoenix. I didn’t need to use the incognito mode, though I do find that it works for the New York Times and some other sites.

Posted by awould on 06/10/14 at 05:20 PM ET