A Quick Time On Twitter For Tim Peel

NHL ref Tim Peel opened a Twittter account yesterday, and today...

Too bad and I do appreciate him following KK.

Filed in: NHL Talk, NHL Officiating, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: tim+peel

Comments

calquake's avatar

I love the smell of censorship in the morning.

Posted by calquake on 07/22/14 at 11:40 AM ET

J.J. from Kansas's avatar

This really could have worked if Tim Peel were committed to being terribly bland and never ever looking at his mentions.

Posted by J.J. from Kansas on 07/22/14 at 11:48 AM ET

SK77's avatar

My sources indicate that Tim got a feel for what we put up with everyday and said, “Fuch That.”

Posted by SK77 on 07/22/14 at 12:38 PM ET

Nathan's avatar

The stuff visible is pretty tame and he handled it well… makes me think that either the official’s union or league asked him to refrain from using the account while actively working.

Posted by Nathan from the scoresheet! on 07/22/14 at 02:35 PM ET

Paul's avatar

Yep Nathan, I RTd this earlier from Adam Proteau…

Just had a great chat with Tim Peel. He loved his brief Twitter experience but the NHL’s CBA prohibits officials from social media. A shame.

Posted by Paul from Motown Area on 07/22/14 at 03:17 PM ET

Mistercristo's avatar

Posted by SK77 on 07/22/14 at 12:38 PM ET

Care to elaborate?

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye's garage, circa 1987 on 07/22/14 at 03:27 PM ET

SK77's avatar

Posted by SK77 on 07/22/14 at 12:38 PM ET

Care to elaborate?

Posted by Mistercristo from Cameron Frye’s garage, circa 1987 on 07/22/14 at 03:27 PM ET

SORRY!

I meant that as a joke, especially the “my sources indicate” .... was just tongue-in-cheek referring to how “fun” it can be online sometimes when people start hurling crap your way.

Posted by SK77 on 07/22/14 at 09:47 PM ET