A Bad ‘Move’ For Bruce Boudreau

from Michael Russo of the StarTribune,

"August 7, no furniture. No furniture on August 8, no furniture on August 9," Bruce Boudreau said. "We can't get hold of anybody from the moving company. On August 10, we finally do, and they say, 'We've had some truck trouble, we will be there August 13.' "

Crystal slept on the floor of their empty new home while, said Bruce, "I'm having the time of my life in Mississippi, telling Crystal with every call, 'I'm sorry, honey.' "

Crime scene

Aug. 13 came, and two trucks pulled up. What happened to the other truck? Boudreau said they were told, "It got into an accident, rolled over, hit a tree and everything's destroyed."

After some digging, the Boudreaus ascertained the accident occurred in Stokes County, N.C., on July 25; and they found out for the first time Aug. 13.

"Crystal's losing it because one-third of two houses is gone," Boudreau said. "We're basically getting half-broken furniture. We lost five big-screen TVs, a bubble hockey game, popcorn makers, tables. My wife used to run a business, they called her the Chocolate Lady. The chocolate fountain was destroyed. So much stuff, pictures, lots of pictures, all the frames destroyed.

"And, we swear, they stored the stuff outside because there's mold from rain on the boxes."

Filed in: NHL Teams, Minnesota Wild, | KK Hockey | Permalink
  Tags: bruce+boudreau

Comments

Primis's avatar

Instead of using the Wild’s preferred moving company, the Boudreaus went with a less reputable one from the East Coast.

Aaaaaaaand there it is.  Let that be a lesson to everyone.

Also, the time delay in getting the other two trucks to Minnesota means the company knew they were screwed, and the employees also probably spent that time delay ransakcing and stealing what they could.

I’m not sure how they ever thought this could possibly work out in their favor.

Hope the name of the company comes out soon, and often.

Posted by Primis on 10/07/16 at 09:19 AM ET

We lost five big-screen TVs

Will Bruce Boudreau EVER GET A BREAK?!?!?

Posted by Garth on 10/07/16 at 09:40 AM ET

Red Winger's avatar

First World problem

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 10/07/16 at 10:36 AM ET

awould's avatar

Moving cross country suuuuucks. I just moved from Phoenix to Chicago. Packed up a 4 bed house. Sold the house. Drove a car out, shipped another car. Bought a house. Flew 2 little kids and a cat. Movers from Phoenix into storage unit and new movers from storage unit into new house. Everything went smoothly and it was still a terrible experience. But I also didn’t intentionally go with some fly-by-night outfit to save a few bucks, bad choice by Boudreau who can surely afford better.

Posted by awould on 10/07/16 at 11:04 AM ET

shazam88's avatar

Boudreau could never be my wartime consigliere

Posted by shazam88 from SoCal on 10/07/16 at 11:50 AM ET

TreKronor's avatar

For what it’s worth, I work with a mover that is the OFFICIAL MOVER OF. .... I think right now its the Bulls but I don’t know; they change it every year.  Anyways, they really aren’t good (and I have worked with some good movers) so the authors statement here doesn’t mean a lot to me. Actually I thought it was unprofessional.

Posted by TreKronor on 10/07/16 at 12:24 PM ET

awould's avatar

Posted by TreKronor on 10/07/16 at 12:24 PM ET

Yeah, but I bet that mover does a really good job with the team they’re the “official” movers of, even if they suck for everyone else.

Posted by awould on 10/07/16 at 01:08 PM ET

Red Winger's avatar

My Son-in-Law works for the Tucson Roadrunners. Previously worked for the San Diego Gulls. They left SD for Tucson last Sunday, and still have no furniture, etc. The moving company said they hoped to get the stuff to them in three to five days, and they should really understand that “moving across country is difficult”

Granted, I didn’t major in Geography…but is moving from San Diego to Tucson “across country”??

Posted by Red Winger from Sault Ste Marie, MI on 10/07/16 at 01:45 PM ET

OlderThanChelios's avatar

Not the chocolate fountain. The horror.

Posted by OlderThanChelios from Grand Rapids, MI on 10/07/16 at 02:02 PM ET