Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Monica McAlister on 10/05/13 at 10:50 AM ET
By Nick Tranfaglia of TiqIQ,
Hockey may not be the most popular sport in Los Angeles, but Los Angeles Kings tickets are a hot commodity. Home season tickets are averaging $126 per ticket this season. That’s 21% above last year’s average price of $104. L.A. sports fans like when their teams are winning, whether it‘s the Dodgers, Lakers, Clippers, or even USC and UCLA football.
The Los Angeles Kings enter the 2013-14 season as one of the favorites to win the Stanley Cup. They’re essentially the same team that won it all in 2012. The biggest question mark facing the Kings this season is they need to show consistency throughout the regular season. If they can show that, Jeff Carter has the potential to win the Rocket Richard Trophy. Drew Doughty could win a Norris trophy and Jonathan Quick will always be in the running to win the Vezina Trophy as the NHL’s top goalie. Los Angeles is deep up front, deep on the blue line, and their goaltending is the best in the league. Sky’s the limit for the purple and gold this year.
Here are the five most expensive games for the Kings this season:
1. Jan 25th vs. Anaheim Ducks @Dodger Stadium - The Kings host their southern California rival as part of the NHL’s Coors Light Stadium Series in iconic Dodger Stadium. This one of the hottest tickets league-wide. Average ticket price is $388 with a get-in price of $158.
2. April 12th vs. Anaheim Ducks -The Kings play host to their Intestate 5 rivals in the last game of the season, which could have potential playoff implications for the Pacific Division. Average ticket price is $182 with a get-in price of $53.
3. Jan. 30th vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - Sidney Crosby and the high-powered Penguins come into Los Angeles for a late January clash. Average ticket price is $177 with a get-in price of $45.
4. Jan. 11th vs. Detroit Red Wings The Kings renew their rivalry with their old Western Conference foe, as Detroit visits Tinseltown in their only trip to Hollywood this season. Average ticket price is $174 with a get-in price of $52.
5. Jan. 9th vs. Boston Bruins The defending Eastern Conference champion Bruins, role into the Staples Center for a clash between two of the NHL’s premier teams. Average ticket price is $171 with a get-in price of $48.
Remember, for the best deals on Devils tickets, and all NHL tickets, visit TiqIQ.com.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com