Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Monica McAlister on 10/06/13 at 10:55 AM ET
By Nick Tranfaglia of TiqIQ,
Nothing went right for the Colorado Avalanche last season. They had problems scoring, the goaltending was a disaster, and their defense was in shambles. They finished out of the playoffs for the third consecutive year and head coach Joe Sacco was fired. So why are Colorado Avalanche tickets popular again in Denver? Well, after Sacco’s firing the Avalanche won the NHL draft lottery. Avalanche legend Joe Sakic was named Executive V.P. of Hockey Operations and Patrick Roy was named head coach. Colorado also selected Nathan MacKinnon with the number one overall pick.
Home tickets prices last season averaged $65 per ticket, while this year tickets are averaging $84. That’s a 29% year-over-year change. It’s an exciting time to be an Avalanche fan. A number one overall pick is in the lineup. Two Colorado legends are trying to make the team relevant again. Matt Duchene, Ryan O’Reilly and P.A. Parenteau are a solid top line. Captain Gabriel Landeskog is one the NHL’s most exciting players to watch. There is no doubt they will struggle again this season but there is buzz about the Avs’ in Denver again.
Here are the top five games for the Avalanche this season:
1. March 12th vs. Chicago Blackhawks - Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Marian Hossa and defending Stanley Cup champions visit the Mile High City. Average ticket price is $135 with a get-in price of $25.
2. March 21st vs. Boston Bruins - The Big Bad Bruins visit Denver for a late March contest in what will be a star studded game. Average ticket price is $133 with a get-in price of $25.
3. April 6th vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - The Avalanche will look to test themselves against one of the NHL’s top teams as Evgeni Malkin and Penguins visit town. Average ticket price is $122 with a get-in price of $28.
4. April 3rd vs. New York Rangers - Colorado plays host to Rick Nash and the Broadway Blueshirts in a rare late season inter conference affair. Average ticket price is $122 with a get-in price of $19.
5. March 29th vs. San Jose Sharks - Joe Thornton and company visit Denver for a late season conference game that could have playoff implications for San Jose. Average ticket price is $112 with a get-in price of $14.
Remember, for the best deals on Devils tickets, and all NHL tickets, visit TiqIQ.com.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at email@example.com