Kukla's Korner Hockey
by Monica McAlister on 10/05/13 at 05:50 PM ET
By Nick Tranfaglia of TiqIQ,
Youth hockey in southern California is growing at an ever impressive rate as the Golden State is churning out more and more NHL prospects and players each year. It’s not surprising to see Anaheim Ducks tickets are growing in popularity as well. The home season ticket average this year is $93, which is 90% above last year’s average of $49. Last season, the Ducks under head coach Bruce Boudreau won the Pacific Division with a 30-12-6 record and earned the No. 2 seed in the Western Conference and a first-round matchup with the Detroit Red Wings. Detroit eliminated the Ducks in a wildly entertaining seven game, which included four overtime games.
In the offseason, Anaheim signed star forwards Corey Perry and Ryan Getzlaf to monster 8-year contracts. However, they shipped star forward Bobby Ryan to the Ottawa Senators for prospects and young player Jakob Silverberg. Coming into this season, the Ducks have possibly the best goalie tandem in the NHL with Jonas Hiller and Viktor Fasth manning the pipes. Their collection of young players is as impressive as anyone in the league. The one question mark facing Anaheim is do they have the firepower to overcome the loss of Bobby Ryan’s goal-scoring? On paper, it certainly looks like they do but only time will tell.
Here are the top five games for the Ducks this season:
1. Jan. 23rd vs L.A. Kings - Two days before the Ducks play Los Angeles in Dodger Stadium they host their hated rivals in what will certainly be a heated contest. Average ticket price is $148 with a get-in price of $27.
2. Feb. 5th vs. Chicago Blackhawks - The defending Stanley Cup champions make their only visit to Orange County in what has the making to be a high-scoring affair. Average ticket price is $145 with a get-in price of $32.
3. March 7th vs. Pittsburgh Penguins - Anytime Sidney Crosby and company come into an NHL city, one better believe they will draw a crowd. Average ticket price is $141 with a get-in price of $37.
4. Jan. 12th vs. Detroit Red Wings - The Ducks will have revenge on their minds as they play host to the Detroit Red Wings in what is a rematch of last year’s epic seven game series. Average ticket price is $136 with a get-in price of $22.
5. Jan. 7th vs. Boston Bruins - The Black and Gold make the 3,000 mile journey west to the Honda Center to take on the Ducks. Average ticket price is $134 with a get-in price of $24.
Remember, for the best deals on Devils tickets, and all NHL tickets, visit TiqIQ.com.
Be the first to comment.
Add a Comment
Please limit embedded image or media size to 575 pixels wide.
Most Recent Blog Posts
About Kukla's Korner Hockey
Paul Kukla founded Kukla’s Korner in 2005 and the site has since become the must-read site on the ‘net for all the latest happenings around the NHL.
From breaking news to in-depth stories around the league, KK Hockey is updated with fresh stories all day long and will bring you the latest news as quickly as possible.
Email Paul anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org